Chapter 38

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

“HOOOOKKAAAYYY!!! Today, the guys are going to play football! Shirts versus skins! For girls… just sit on the bleachers and do whatever you want! And don’t make too much noise!” our PE teacher, who was also Sigfried High’s football coach, hollered the moment we piled up at the field. He ended his speech by blowing his whistle, and you could just imagine a series of reactions from us.

Coach Payton was so silly though. You can't tell girls to sit on the bleachers, and then expect them to remain silent. You just can't. They were girls. End of story.

As of us boys (I’d like to refer ourselves as men. Thank you), reluctant or not, grouped ourselves into two. I had this class with Zane (yeah!), Caleb (whoopies!), and Hunter (ooh… yeah, baby…).

I could practically touch the tension between Caleb and Zane. I found it funny though.

My boyfriend and I got picked to be on the skins team, much to our protests. Oh I knew and I knew very well why. Simply because, they wanted us shirtless – mostly from the hoots of the girls on the bleachers. Not that I was complaining, or ashamed of our bodies. Definitely not.

Hunter, Caleb and I exchanged worried glances before Hunter and I took our shirts off. Because if we did, our wolf marks would be exposed. Caleb didn’t even know yet that I had marked Hunter.

“Bullet! Knight! What are you two waiting for?! You're wasting time!” Coach Payton asked angrily, tapping his foot. Sheesh, man, place your hand over your hip and I’ll think of something else.

Hunter shrugged and whispered, “Let them see. Werewolves here won't mind, AND they get to know we’re both mated. As for humans, they’ll most likely think of it as a couple tattoo. Besides, our teacher is a warlock, as much as he didn’t look like it. So don’t worry, Silver-babe. Alright?”

I sighed and nodded. We took our shirts off at the same time and tossed them on the bleachers. Loud gasps filled the air automatically, making me grab Hunter’s hand. I glanced around to see their reactions.

Girls were staring, drooling, ogling and all those disturbing stuffs they do. I wasn’t really surprised at that, since it was me AND Hunter, so it was understandable. Boys were tossing the ball around, secretly watching the scene through the corner of their eyes. Only it wasn’t so secretly because I still knew. Coach Payton, well… he just stared. Blank-faced. Then nodded at us and plopped himself on the shaded part of the bleachers.

“Holy shit, Alpha! Silver actually marked you?!” Caleb whisper-yelled, looking flabbergasted and a whole lot of mixed emotions.

Hunter rubbed his temples. “Yeah. Earlier. That was why I took him home. He was showing the first signs of shifting.”

“Wow… that was pretty awesome. Congrats there, Luna.” Caleb smirked, making my face heat up.