Chapter 03

[Another one of Silver's picture on the right. (--->)

Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER THREE

I heard a lot of growls and snarls around me, but I didn’t care. I didn't know if I was seeing things, but I saw those people around us turning into wolves, even the kids turned into puppies were still huge compared to normal dogs. Still, I didn’t care. I wasn’t sure if that was real, anyway. Not to mention the tingly feeling on my back, like I was being poked with countless fingers.

My eyes were concentrated on Hunter’s face, and I instantly regretted slapping him. The bright red mark with the shape of my palm on his cheek wasn’t helping my conscience. At first, all he looked was shocked. And then everything next was what I could say, vulnerable. And it was blatantly not so like him; at all.

“Hunter,” I started after I made sure that my voice wouldn't crack halfway. “You're overreacting. It was just a hug! Did I kiss them? Did I tell them I love them? Did I choose them over you?” He still wouldn’t look at me. I found myself clenching my jaw and balling up my fists. I don’t fucking get why I was feeling the need to say these things, in the first place! “I know you're highly-respected by these people, and I don’t understand yet this mate thingy that you kept on saying, but I want you to know that you can't tell me what to do. That you can't manipulate me. Yes, I will respect you. To tell you the truth, I already like you without me knowing how and when it started. Plus the fact that I owe you my life. But you can't control me completely.”

He finally looked at me, and a lump instantly formed in my throat that I had to swallow a few times. His eyes widened shortly when it wandered behind me, but I just ignored it. He looked kinda lost and confused for a while, still not saying anything.

So I continued, “If you want me to do something, or not want me to do any, all you have to do is ask. Do we understand each other here?”

He nodded and whispered an apology, the noise now gone.

I stepped closer to him and cupped his face. I looked up at him, seeing that he was taller than me by a good head. “I won't say sorry for slapping you, but I do feel sorry for giving you that stupid mark on your cheek.” I inspected his cheek that I slapped and ran my fingers through it.

He tensed and pulled me into a tight hug, like if he didn’t do that I would suddenly disappear. I leaned closer and kissed him.

I intended it to be just a peck, but as soon as I felt his lips pressed against mine, I coudn't find the strength and will to pull back. Slowly, he kissed me back and soon I found myself copying him, until I felt his tongue tracing my lower lip. I immediately parted my lips, growing desperate for more contact, and let him do the tricks inside my mouth without even fighting up for dominance. It was already obvious who would win anyway.

His arms snaked around my waist, mine going around his neck, making both of us moan as our chests pressed against each other. Even with still my clothes on, I could feel the heat radiating off his body and I bet my own was just the same. I gasped when he slid his hands down my butt and squeezed it, and moaned as he started rubbing our lower parts.