Chapter 13

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I furrowed my eyebrows. “The mark you gave me? Silver, you didn’t mark me last night. You're…” Not a werewolf. For some reason, I finished my sentence only in my mind. Like something worse will happen if I voiced it out. I sniffed him, searching for another wolf’s scent but all I smelled was mine, which made my wolf happy. “What are you talking about?”

“Ehh? You mean I didn’t mark you last night? Hmm…” He rubbed his chin and for a moment, he seemed to be lost in thought. And then his face lit up, if it’s still possible with all his glowing features. “AH! I must’ve forgotten!” He also nodded, agreeing to himself. “This is what happens when you get locked up for ages.”

I didn’t know what to do, say or think on his sudden changes of mood and… simply everything. “Silver—“

“Where were you, anyway?! Huh, Hunter?!” His voice… it was different. I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off again. “But I guess it doesn’t matter anymore! You're here… you came back. You… you won't leave me again, would you?”

“Leave you? Again?! When did I leave you? Why would I do that in the first place?!”

He buried his face in my chest and once again cried, my heart feeling a squeeze with his every sob. “But… Stefan said… he… he said…”

“What did he say, baby?” I rubbed his back, kissed his temple, run my fingers through his hair; everything to relax him. His appearance might be different, but he's still my Silver.

“He said you cheated on me over a girl.” I was quite taken aback when he growled.

“STEFAN!!!” I, as well, growled and quickly turned around, seeing all red. My canines popped out and my body started shaking.

“No! No! Hunter, no!” Silver turned me around so I was facing him again. He cupped my cheeks and brushed my hair out of my face. “Don’t worry.” He, once again, had that wicked smile on his face. “I'm going to deal with it. Don’t hurt Stefan, please, Hunter? He's my friend.”

“What would you do?” I retracted my fangs and enjoyed his touch.

His smile turned into a toothy grin. “It’s simple! I’ll kill every female in this world so there will be no one you could cheat with! And oh! If ever it’s a guy… hmm… what to do… what to do…” He tapped his chin. Jesus! He was telling me these as if he was just planning what present to give to everyone on Christmas! I could feel the people behind us scurrying away. Even the floating girls in front have indescribable looks on their faces.

“You don’t have to think of anything like that, Silver. I will never leave you or cheat on you. Whatever Stefan said, don’t believe it. He meant it as a joke.”