Chapter 10

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER TEN

My left eye twitched. “Err… what are you talking about? Are you… alright? Who put dozens of sugar in your coffee?”

“Okay! First of all, I don’t drink coffee. I like sweets, though!” He gave me a cheeky smile that I couldn’t help but smile back. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me towards the mirror attached to the door, jumping in excitement. “Secondly, Silver, just look at your back and see Alpha’s mark! Are you sure you haven’t seen it yet?!”

I shook my head. Usually, I was vain enough to spend an hour just checking myself out in the mirror, but since I woke up sore all over my body, I skipped. I slowly look at my reflection, then my back, the towel almost dramatically falling on the floor. I was… shocked and amazed. I looked questioningly at Stefan and he just nodded at me to look at the mark more.

Instead of bite marks on my neck, on my right chest was a crescent moon with a delicate looking ‘H’ in it. Five long and sharp claws seemed to be clinging over my right shoulder. I turned around and my jaw almost made a connection with the floor, while Stefan squealed.

On my whole back was what seemed like a tattoo. It was an outline of a wolf standing in its two feet, in a stance that made it looked so fierce and very dominating. Its right arm was crossing upwards over its chest so its claws were the ones on my shoulder, while its left arm was crossing downwards over its stomach with its nails also extended. Its head was facing straight ahead, ears perked up and teeth bared. Its eyes were hypnotizing and domineering and the only part that was red, the rest was black. Its tail was draped to its right, extended to my left side until about two inches or three before my belly button. What seemed to be rings of fire were around its paws, neck, and the tips of its tail and ears.

“Wow…” was all I could whisper.

He nodded. “I don’t understand why there’s a crescent moon, though. I saw other marks made from the pack members to their mates, but there were never crescent moons. And theirs were never that detailed and… big. It almost covered your whole back. Hmm… maybe because yours is Alpha’s mark?” Stefan muttered, seemed to be deep in thought. I didn’t pay attention because I was still mesmerized of what I was seeing at my back.

I even tried touching it, just the claw over my shoulder, to see if it would rub off or something. It didn’t. and I could’ve sworn that its eyes flickered and moved, as if it looked back at me.

My face turned blank when I realized why Hunter didn’t want me to put a shirt on.

He wanted me to brag his mark to whoever sees it. I wonder what he would do if I wear a shirt?

‘You wouldn’t.’

I froze when I heard that voice that sounded like Hunter, only deeper. It kinda scared me so fine, I won't wear a shirt! Happy now, whoever you are?

‘Very.’

What. The. Heck.

I focused my attention on Stefan, who was now looking like he was having a battle against himself. The painkillers had finally taken effect so I could now walk without grimacing with every step. I sat on the edge of the bed, swinging my legs. Yep, it was that high that I was able to swing my legs. I started eating as well after reaching the tray of food on the table.

“Hey, Stefan.” I chuckled when he didn’t hear me. The guy was really spacing out! That was a first! I cleared my throat and with my lowest, firmest and most serious voice, I called his name again.

Stefan jumped like a startled ninja, then dropped down on his knees with his head hung low. “I'm very sorry, Silver! It won't happen again! Please don’t hurt me!” His voice was shaky and was like… really afraid.