Chapter 24

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

“No, not that. Did you just…”

“Yes, I burned it all. I'm a fire wolf, Silver, just like how you're a wind one, half at that. But still.”

Before he knew it, I already flung myself to him, letting him carry all my weight. “That’s so hot!”

He chuckled. “Now, now, Silver-babe, get off me so I could go and buy groceries.”

I slightly pulled away and gave him my puppy dog look. “Can I pwease come, Hunter?”

He rolled his eyes yet nodded. I squealed and ran back to my room, not wanting to waste any more time. “Clean that up, babe!” I heard him groan just before I close the door. Now, what to wear… what to wear…

After washing my face, brushing my teeth and messing with my hair, I decided to wear a simple white tee and black skinnies. I caught a glimpse of Hunter’s dark gray hoodie hanging off the edge of the bed so I took it and wore it. I skipped my way out of the house and I saw him already waiting outside, leaning in his car. I licked my lips and hurriedly put on my boots. After making sure that I locked everything that has to be locked, I skipped again until I was in front of Hunter, hugging him.

He raised an eyebrow. “You're wearing my hoodie.” He placed his hands at the back of my waist, breathing against the top of my head.

“Yeah. I like it. Aren’t you getting tired of my smell?”

“No. Never will.”

I huffed, and then sniffed his neck as well. “Hmm…”

He chuckled. “After breakfast, do you want to help me get my stuffs from the pack house?” I quickly looked up to him, nodding quite vigorously. “Good. Now, let’s go.”

We got in his car and I eyed mine longingly. I snapped out of my trance when I heard my boyfriend chuckle.

“Do you want us to use your car instead?” he whispered, pulling his key back from the ignition. I thought about it for a few seconds and then I smiled at him, shaking my head.

We fell into a comfortable silence as he drove up to the nearest 24-hour convenience store, which wasn’t near from our house at all. His right hand was resting on my knee and I busied myself by playing the loose threads in his hoodie. My parents’ house seemed to be empty when we passed it and I mentally shrugged. That’s quite typical of them, since both of them were doctors and all.

I had to put the hood over my head and hide my face all the time we were at the store. A lot of people were in there and I didn’t want to deal with them yet. I wanted my peace a little bit longer. Hunter was laughing at me to his heart’s content and he did everything to draw down the hood, to the point that he flirted with the girls and told me that he won't stop unless I take off his goddamn hoodie.