(•thirty-seven•)

annies pov

"how is this possible? we have a 24 hour security guard by the gate, and two around our house! how the fuck can someone get into our house without leaving a mark on the security cameras!" my dad yelled at the chief of police. we have been staying at a hotel penthouse. we've been changing every single night, it's been two weeks and me and hayden won't even sleep. hayley is so scared she sleeps between me and hayden at night and my mom stays up with my dad. i can't sleep so i just stay in bed with hayley and hayden, holding each other and not looking away from our babies.

how did they know my secret? how? we were meeting with our lawyer and pi tomorrow. "hayden, i'm scared." i fell into his arms as the babies were sleeping in their bassinets, i didn't even close my eyes.

"i know baby, i know. i am too. but what secret?" hayden has been asking me, everyday. but i can't give in.

"this note was sent to my office." our lawyer said, handing us the notnin a sanitary ziplock since it was techno evidence.

the note was on a blue sticky note, with you have 24 hours to make a statement in front of press before your babies are next in black marker. "so i have to tell everyone? in front of press?" our lawyer nodded.

"any idea who it might be?" our pi asked.

i shook my head, then looked at hayden. "tomorrow i will set a meeting." i nodded, then they talked to me more. the worst thing i feared if i told my secret was that hayden wouldn't love me, not anymore.

the next morning, i did my makeup and hair, even with theo on me. i put on a pair of leather pants, then a white button up. i put on a leather jacket, then black heels. hayden wore a suit, and i saw how he looked. he wasn't happy. he was terrified. he didn't look like it, but i knew him, and i saw through him.

i stood at the microphone, and looked at hayden. "i cheated on my hu-boyfriend, while pregnant with our kids." me and hayden are like married couples, at least that's what our friends say, so we said we were "married". i looked over at hayden, and saw him shaking his head, disappointed. he was carrying our babies, yes they were his. "i do regret my decision and after this i will most likely be the one to break up my family. i will not answer questions. good day." it was all rehearsed, then i turned around and looked at hayden. he looked so, broken and disappointed. we walked back into the hotel.

i got a text right after, good job annie. now, all you have is a broken family. have fun- A.

i cried, running into the direction hayden went with our babies, into our room. "hayden i-"

"don't annie. don't." hayden said, then placed the twins down. "i'm not angry, i'm disappointed you didn't tell me." hayden said, then turned to look at annie. "i love you, you're the mother of my children. it was one mistake and i know you regret it."

"so you're not gonna leave?" annie sighed.

"no. but it will take sometime for you to earn my trust again." hayden said, then went into the restroom.