(•twelve•)

(a/n i know this isn't in cg or annie related but i love this gif)

annie's pov

great, time for the chicken girls season 6 table read. i don't know who's gonna be there and how i'm gonna avoid all the questions. i put on barley any makeup, then put on some clothes. i put on a black crop top, then ripped white shorts. i curled my hair a bit, then brushed it out to give it a more calm look.

slipping on my black ankle boots, we all left and drove to the brat offices. season 5 is literally being aired as we film season 6. "annie, you ok?" mom asked, making me look at her and not out the window.

"yeah, i'm fine." i said, slightly enthusiastic, slightly. hayley was on her phone, being goofy.

once we arrived, i dreaded going in. but i did anyway. waking in, it was first a few crew members saying hi, then i opened the door and it felt as if all eyes were on me. "because they are annie." hayley whispered in my ear. "and no, you didn't say it out loud. your look gives it away." she said, then went to her seat next to carson.

trying to ignore the stares, i sat at my spot. i kept my head low, but then on the floor i saw a familiar keychain dangling from the person next to me. i looked up and it was him.

hayden looked at me, with a small smile making me smile. "ok, welcome to the chicken girls season 6 table read!" the owner of brat said enthusiastically, making us look at him. he began talking, about this and that. i've heard this about a million times already, i don't need to make it a million-one.

"i didn't know you'd be here." i whispered to hayden, then slightly looking up to meet his eyes.

"me neither," he said, then looked at me. "but i'm glad. it's most likely for a few episodes anyway." he said, then we both looked back at rob. our hands intertwined, without us even realizing. but when i did, it felt like home.

i looked on the other side of me, then saw riley with a worried face. she saw our hands, and i knew she needed an explanation. "i'll tell you later." i mouthed to her, and she nodded. we went through the script, and i was actually liking it. but at the end, "a kiss?!" i yelled out loud on accident, making people look. "sorry," i said, then took a drink of water.

we finished up, then all relaxed, well except for me. i just stood up and walked out. i leaned against the wall, right next to the door i just walked out of. i needed fresh air, but i should fly to somewhere else in the world. la air is polluted.

the door opened, and of course, hayden walked out. "needed fresh air?" he asked, then walking next to me.

"if i needed fresh air i'd go somewhere else. maryland has fresher air." i said, then looked at him. "maybe i need to visit home again." i said, smiling about as i remembered the amazing times i've had there.

"you ok? you just left." hayden asked.

"i'm fine, not the best i've been but i'm ok. how about you?" i asked him.