(•forty•)

normal pov

"what?" annie gasped.

"get me the hand cream." hayden repeated, and she liked to her side, seeing the hand cream.

"oh, ok." annie said, then handed him the hand cream. she swore she heard marry me but he didn't.

"you ok?" hayden asked, seeing her face was confused. "what happened?"

"nothing. i thought you said something else." annie said, looking in his eyes.

"what did you think i said?" hayden asked, turning to his side.

annie got insecure, "i thought you said marry me." annie said truthfully, as she looked down and rubbed her belly. hayden placed his hand on top of hers. "i know, it's stupid."

"it's not stupid. you just heard it wrong." hayden said, then kissed her lips. "love you."

"love you too." annie said, then pecked his lips again. "it's almost 2 hay. let's sleep."

"ok, this is the best thing i've eaten." hayley said, as she ate the tiana beignets. they were at disneyland with friends.

"i'll watch the twins as you guys go on the ride. ok?" annie said, as she grabbed the double stroller.

"i'll stay." anna volunteered.

"no, it's fine." annie said, as she sat down tiredly.

"nah, i don't like this ride anyway. plus i just ate a turkey leg and i'm not ready to fall like a million feet." anna said, then sat by annie, pushing the stroller back and fourth so calm the babies.

hayden kissed annie, then went with the rest of the group. annie and anna walked around with the twins, buying churros and then ice cream bars.

"ouch." annie moaned.

"you ok baby?" hayden asked.

"yeah, just, fuck." annie moaned. then they got worse. "they're like contractions-"

"could they be false?" hayden asked, then annie places her legs up, and drank water. but they weren't false labor pains.

"ahhhh! it how can i be in labor? i'm only 6 months!" annie yelled in pain, as the doctor came in. annie passed out.

she was rushed to the surgery wing, going straight into surgery.

"how is she?" hayden asked.

"are you family?" the surgeon asked.

"i'm the father of the baby and her boyfriend." hayden said.

"ok," she explained what happened. "the baby is ok, he is fine but will be in the nicu for a while. julianna should recover soon."

"can i see her?" hayden asked, then the surgeon led him and annies parents in. only 3 at a time, so everyone else stayed in the waiting room lobby.

"when will she wake up?" katie asked, her voice scratchy.

"there's no exact time. she will wake up when she does." the surgeon went over more with katie and billy.

three days went by, hayden went to the nicu every day, seeing his son in an incubator. "hey baby, mommy isn't awake yet, but your siblings are excited about you. even if they're one." hayden said.

"how old?" he heard a girl ask, making him turn. "sorry, its just i've been here for 4 months already and you're the only one who seems like my age." the blonde said, "i'm beth."

"hayden." he replied, "this is my son, marion. he's 3 days old."

"my daughters name is bella, she is 4 months." beth replies, and hayden looked at her. "where's his mom?"

hayden gulped, "she still hasn't woken up yet." hayden said.

beth nodded, "i didn't wake up for 18 days." she said, "don't worry."

"thanks." hayden said, then looked back at his son.

over the days, they talked more and it felt nice to both of them that they finally were talking to someone their own age going through the same thing.

"how much longer until you think bella will be released?" hayden asked.

"at least 2 more months. her lungs are the parts keeping her here." beth said, then hayden got a text. "what is it?"

"annie woke up." hayden said, frozen.

"go! go!" she said, pushing him and he ran, taking off the pink cover he had to wear.

"annie?" he sighed, breathing heavily. she was awake, off the ventilator. "oh annie." he broke down, going to her, crying in her shoulder.

"hay." she said back.

"oh, baby." he said, then kissed her.

"when can i see my son?" annie asked the doctor.

"after all the test results come back, we will see." the doctors smiled.

"show me pictures." annie said to hayden, and he took his phone out. "who's that?" she asked, seeing him and a girl in a photo by two incubators.

"that's a mom in the nicu. she's been there for a few months and helped me. when we go down there, you can meet her." hayden said, then showed more photos.