(•thirty-five•)

annie's pov

the babies were sleeping, and hayden was taking a nap. i was cleaning up our room when i found a box. it was a purple box, with a lock. it was the box i stored all of the things hayden gave me when we first broke up. i looked in the drawer, and found the key. i opened it, and saw all the things. it also reminded me of when we broke up. people said i was brave or whatever and that hayden is crying because he lost someone amazing. it was the opposite. i will always regret it. me walking into his house. you never know how much you love someone until they're gone.

i found a picture, way back from 2017. us in hawaii, god how fucking young we looked. hayden's hair wasn't like it is now, it wasn't grown so much. and my hair, well it was so thin and i colored it. now, my hair hasn't been colored in over a year. now i actually have boobs, well also because of breastfeeding. plus hayden wasn't a tiny and skinny boy anymore, he has an amazing body.

i put the box away, and then locked it, but kept the key with my jewelry box. i walked back to bed, and then hayden felt me lay down, and he put his arm around me. "love you." hayden said, then we both fell asleep. for an hour until the twins woke up, in time for another feed.

i fed both of them, then hayden burped theo as i burped scarlet. hayden changed their diapers after, as i cleaned up myself. he put them back asleep, using skin to skin contact with them. i got to sleep, and god bless him for that.

"mom! do we really need to baptize them so early?" hayden asked tisha, when she was holding up his baptism gown.

"i'm honestly fine with it-" i said, but then hayden interrupted me.

"they're barley two months old." hayden said, then my mom but in too.

"i think it's a great idea." i guess the only person who didn't want it was hayden.

"hayden," i said, and he looked into my eyes, "let's do it. it's fine." i said, and he nodded.

by the time the twins were three and a half months, we got into the plane and everyone went to texas. that's where the baptism was at.