Chapter 22 - Helpless

"Dad... What are you doing here?" I smile, trying to remain calm and pretend like I wasn't just holding Michael's hand.

"I was just going to pick up something for your mom and I. You know how much your mom loves this cafe" He smile.

"I know." That's hat's why I come here too. 

"So, Michael. What are you doing here?"

"I..." Michael started, but I was too afraid to what he was going to make up that I made something up for him.

"I called Michael because I needed his help with an assignment. It's due Monday"

"You couldn't just ask your mom or me?"

"I could but, I kind of wanted to do it without my parents. And you wouldn't exactly know if he had helped me" I smile, trying to be the sweetheart I was in his eyes.

He pats my back. "Sweetie. There is no shame in asking your parents for help"

"But thank you Michael for helping my daughter. Now, are you coming to see the game later?" He asks, putting his arm around Michael, grinning from ear to ear.

I just stood there, watching them intently. I felt an urge to run out of there, from this really strange and awkward situation. I was just glad dad didn't notice earlier. And thank god he didn't think it was strange me getting help from Michael.

"Yes, I guess I am"

I follow their conversation. I thought we were going to his place, but now I guess we're not anymore. 

"Guess you are.. Of course you are Michael! Let me just get coffee and some bakery for my wife and then we will leave" My dad happily says before going over to the counter.

I glare at Michael. "You guess you are?" I say quietly in order for dad not to hear.

"What was I suppose to say?" He says, while a sweet smile plays on his lips.

"Stop being cute. You could've said no" I say in a serious tone even though I wanted very much to smile at him. He was too sweet to be annoyed with. He looked over to where my dad was before looking back at me. My eyes were still glued on him.

"I'll still be close to you" He caresses my cheek softly making me shiver.

"You could've been closer" I smirk, taking a step back from him as I notice my dad turning around to approach us. I adjust my position, smiling at him.

"Now, let's go" He says, showing the way.

_________________

After my dad had given mom what she wanted from the cafe, him and Michael went into the living room to spend their time there. I found myself wandering around the kitchen, eating an apple trying not too worry too much about... life. My heart was beating rapidly, just like when you know your crush is nearby, but you are too afraid to approach them. 

"Honey! Will you bring us some beers?" Suddenly my dad calls, snapping me out of my thoughts. I take a deep breath and collect myself. I throw what's left of my apple before yelling back. "Sure!"

I open the refrigerator and take out two cans of beer. I walk into the living room and place the beers on the table in front of them. I feel Michael's eyes on me the entire time.

"Thank you honey" dad says. I smile politely before walking away. I wasn't sure what to do, but I couldn't stay down here all afternoon. I went up to my room to finish some homework, trying to keep my focus on other things. 

As time went by, it was soon 9, I decided to go down to get a glass of water. I didn't look into the living room to see if he was still here. But i figured as much as I could still hear the TV being on. I let the water run until it was perfectly cold before filling a glass of water. I turned off the sink, took a sip of my water and just let everything sink in.

I could sense someone entering the kitchen, and was just waiting for the sign that they were here. Suddenly, I felt a familiar hand softly circling around my waist. With the other, he moved my hair over to one side and carefully nibbled on the back of my neck. I felt goosebumps all over, closing my eyes trying to control my behaviour.

"He will be back any second" I whispered.

"I know. But, I hate having to keep my hands off you" 

I shiver. "I hate not having your hands on me" I smile as I turn around to face him, still in his grip. His eyes meet mine, and a sudden feeling of relax falls over me. I lift my head a little, indicating I want him to lean in. He then, kisses me softly. 

I drag my fingers through his soft curly hair pulling him closer. I take a step back to lean against the kitchen counter. His body felt attached to mine. I was aching in a way I didn't think was possible. I needed him so much, it was unbearable. The kiss deepened and I found myself helpless in his touch. I wished so much we had been at his place instead of here. 

In a split second we heard footsteps coming down the stairs and we both acted in a hurry. He let me go, and quickly went back to the living room. I stood still, taking in what had just happened. I needed a little time to cool off. Oh, what this man do to me.

_________

A/N 

I hope you enjoy this part xo