Chapter 9 - Choices

This was all too difficult for something that should've been easy. But I wasn't going to surrender. I wanted Michael, and I knew he wanted me. I sighed and looked at my phone. Desperately waiting for either a text or a call from him. 

Suddenly a message popped up. It was from him. I quickly opened it to read. 

Michael:

"Come over now."

And I did as he said without hesitation. He let me in, and I noticed how serious he was. 

"What is it?" I ask.

"I found your bracelet." He said, in a tone that I understood he wasn't telling me the whole truth.

A huge weight was lifted up from my shoulders. And I'd never felt this relieved before. 
"So, where is it?'
He kept quiet for a little while. I frowned. 

"Michael?"

He sighed before answering. "She saw it, and I had to find an excuse. I don't even know if she bought it"

I felt my heart sink and the big relief I just had, went away rather quickly.

"Seriously?! What did you tell her?" I exclaimed.

"That it was a gift! That I'd just forgotten to wrap it for her"

"That's just perfect" I rolled my eyes, throwing my arms to the side.

"You lost it, I had to find a way out of it."

"Eh! It's not my fault "pretty face" was coming home so soon. I practically ran out of here!" I say, defending myself.

He could not put the blame on me. Even though this whole love thing totally was. At least, it felt like it was my fault. Not that he did anything to stop me.

"No.. Babe I'm not saying that. I just... Look, nothing has happened yet, and honestly I thought she bought it. We'll just have to wait and see"
I sighed "I guess... Well, now you can't just breakup with her because you just bought yourself a few more weeks with her"

"I should've broken up with her sooner. I'm sorry"

"It's fine. But, maybe this is a sign." I said, looking straight into his eyes. 

He seemed worried about what I meant. Yet, I could tell he had thought the same too.

"What do you mean?"

"Michael... We are playing with fire. What if the only outcome of this thing between us, is bad? I honestly don't think my dad will be your friend anymore if he knew. And I don't want to lose either you and him"

"So, you're saying that?"

"That maybe we should end it before it gets even more complicated"

He stepped closer to me and wiped away a tear that had escaped my eye. I blinked, trying to keep myself from crying. His touch made me shiver. 

"It's not complicated being with you."

"But, I think it is"

"That doesn't mean it's not worth it. But, I get it. And honestly, I should be the grown one here."

We do not exchange any words. Instead, I wrap my arms around him, placing my head against his chest, listening to the beat of his heart. His hands soothingly caressing my hair in my hair as he holds me close.

I close my eyes, taking in what seems to be the last hug. At least for a while. I know this will be too hard for the both of us. But, right now it feels like the only right thing to do. Especially since we... or should I say, he took the hard way and didn't break up with Alice in the first place. Even if we couldn't go all official with our relationship, it would've made it a bit easier.

______

A/N - Hey! Sorry that this part is really small. I promise, the next part will be bigger. I've just been dealing with a lot of things right now.. I don't want to get into it, but it's been hard to focus. 

Love you all xx