Chapter 11 - Close but still far

I never quite figured out what I should've done in this sort of situation. I don't think I will ever find out how to it either. Though, each day grew harder and tougher, and it seemed like me and Michael were coming to an end. Not that I didn't have feelings for him anymore, cause I do.. They are still, as strong as ever.

But I just don't see me and him working for a long time. Maybe in a few years. Who knows really. All I do know, is that I can't stay around watching him and Alice together, while I'm being miserable every day.

It is late in the evening. The rain had begun pouring down, while I was already outside. I quickly became soaking wet, and ran in to the cafe I was supposed to visit in the first place. It was crowded, with all sorts of people. All of them, afraid of going out into the rain again. I understand them, but at the same time - It is only water.

I go to order my coffee, a latte, before turning to see if there is any available tables. To my big surprise, there ain't any. I sigh. Maybe I should just go home again. I am still wet after all, so I guess it won't hurt me. I walk towards the door, and just as I'm going out, another one person is heading inside.

"Rebecca!" A voice suddenly says.

I look up, surprised to see him. He is as shocked as I am. 

I take a breath. "Michael". I almost whisper. 

He sends me a smile, and I can't help but smile back. Even though this whole situation has really got me bad.  "Are you here all alone?"

"I might ask you the same." I reply.

I notice how his cheeks become red, and I bet mine is too. My heart is beating like crazy, even though I always try keeping it together while around him. But just by his eyes looking at me, I can't control myself. 

We are silent for a few second, like our eyes speaks for themselves. 

I step closer, feeling his breath hitting my face. My looks wander from his eyes, to his lips. And so does his. I know what is going to happen, and I'm not going to stop it from happening. We move in a little bit closer, closing the small gap, leading our lips to finally meet. In one small second, everything felt much better. Like everything that had happened before, never had happened. And it was only me and him for a little while.

"I-I'm sorry" I stutter.

He looks at me like I look at him. Startled. But I needed to do that. It felt good. Being away from him, his lips, his body - his everything, it made me only want him more.

"I can't stop thinking about you." he whispered.

I smiled a little. It felt good hearing that. That I wasn't the only one.
"Me neither."

"I still don't know what to do. But what I do know, is that I can't stop loving you."

A tear escaped my eye, and he softly dried it off. I smiled. How can someone so sweet and caring, be with a woman like Alice. I'm not saying that I'm better than anyone, but at least it looks like I love him. And I do. I really do.

A/N

Sorry for being MIA for quite a while. I'm trying to get back to writing, and I hope you will all stick around for new updates. Really sorry. I love you all so so much. xx