Chapter 31 - No matter what

«Michael...» I feel myself in loss for words. I was too young to marry, even though I felt so much love towards him. The thought had not even crossed my mind before.
The diamond ring sparkling ever so brightly, even in the dimmed lights. I cannot keep my eyes of it. 

I finally manage to look at him noticing how his eyes are fixated on mine. He carefully takes my hand in his, trying to calm me down from the sudden happening.

"I know you might think I'm crazy" He takes my hand. 

"No..." And no more words manages to escape from my mouth. I was beyond happy, but scared at the same time. It came sudden, yet I had thought about it too. Being engaged to him. Yet, I'm still so young. 

He continued. "And yes I am. But I don't want you to be frightened about this. It's not an engagement ring. Not yet at least"

Was it strange that those words calmed me down, but at the same time I felt a little bit... disappointed? I push forward a smile on my lips and say; "Sorry If I seemed scared"

He chuckles sweetly. "I just want you to know how sincere I am about you and me. And I hope you want to at least accept this"

I bring him in for a hug. "Of course Michael". We part and he takes my hand in his to put the ring on my finger, looking ever so beautiful. He cups my face and plants a warm, soft kiss on my lips.

**********

It is already late in the evening as we approach my neighborhood.  "I wish it didn't have to end already" I sigh. He puts his hand on mine before stopping near the sidewalk a block away from my house. 

"Me neither. But I promise we will have more days, and weekends like this."

I smile warmly before closing the gap between us to kiss him goodbye.  

He helps me out with my bags. As he drives off, I wave him goodbye before starting the walk to my house. The closer I get, the more eager the lump in my thought grows. I'm utterly scared my parents has a slight sense of where I have actually been. They always seem to know more than expected. I guess it is the power of being a parent.. And with my mom already knowing about our relationship, she might as well figured out I was with him.

I step inside the house, close the door behind me before dropping the bags down. I kick off my shoes and walk past the hallway. The faint sound of the TV fills the also so quiet atmosphere. It is late in the evening, so I wouldn't expect otherwise. 

"I am home" I say, acknowledging my arrival. 

To my surprise, my mom greats me with a hug. "How was the field trip?" she asks, excitingly. 

"It was as fun as always. We slept in cabins and just had a really good time. What did you and dad do?" I ask, trying to steer a way from the topic.

"Oh just the regular. We actually went to see a movie at the theater also, and just spend time together" She smiled happily taking my bags to carry upstairs to my room. Her behavior was suspicious, and I knew I was going to read much more into it. There was no way she was as happy like this for no reason, unless she had a scheme up her sleeve. 

I look down at the ring he gave me. No matter what happens, I will always have him with me. 

Michael's POV

Spending the weekend with her was more perfect than I had imagined. But I still could not help to think I was taking advantage of her. I was not, but the thought still crossed my mind sometimes. The age difference and different aspect in life. She had so much more coming for her.

I sigh, taking a seat in the sofa. I hated getting negative thoughts after having been with her, but who could blame me. Knowing I was lying to her parents every day as well, really killed me inside. 

Groggily, I find myself in a position that I most likely had fallen asleep. In the distant, I hear a few knocks on the door, and as I wake more up, the sound gets clearer. "Who can that be" I mumble, before making my way to the hallway to open up.

What I'm greated with someone unexpected - her mother. Suddenly everything around me stood still. Her eyes piercing in mine. This cannot be good.

"Michael" She begins. Her tone is soft. 

"I wish I did not have to do this" She continued. I did not know whether to let her in, or just stand in my doorway like this to hear what she had to say. But whatever it would be, I feared it would end in something terrible.

A/N - Enjoy xo