Chapter 16 - Double-trouble

Friday afternoon, I had just gotten dressed for the dinner that Jordan would be attending at my house. He would meet my parents for the first time. I had been wandering all around my house, being nervous for the entire week because I didn't know how my parents would behave. They probably want to make this as embarrassing for me as they can. I mean, they are my parents.

The doorbell rang, and I hurriedly rushed down the stairs to be the first to open. "Hey" He smiles instantly as I open the door. I smile warmly to him and he kisses me softly.

"Hello to you"

"Nervous?" I ask, letting him inside. "Do you blame me for saying yes?" He chuckles. I can sense that he is nervous. But no, I do not blame him. "No, but they are very nice. If they will do anything, it will only be trying to embarrass me as much as possible" I chuckle.

We walk inside to the kitchen were my mom has set the table and the scent of food fills my nostrils. She turns around when hearing us enter. "Hello, you must be Jordan. I'm Gina, her mom" She smiles politely, bringing her hand to greet him.

My heart is beating fast strangely enough, I wouldn't think I was this nervous. It wasn't' exactly me that was meeting his parents. I heard footsteps coming down form the stairs. My dad entered the kitchen shortly after and put his arm around Jordan in a friendly way. "So, this is the guy you've been talking so much about" He grins, and I just stand there, looking embarrassed as Jordan is smiling, probably feeling even more nervous now.

During dinner, I couldn't mind myself stopping to think about Michael. I felt myself distance from the actual situation, picturing him instead of Jordan sometimes. It was rude, but I couldn't help it. He was stuck on my mind.

I was wondering if I was feeling something for Jordan? I mean, of course I feel something. I just keep comparing it to what I feel about Michael. 

We finished and I helped mom with the dishes  while my dad kept talking with Jordan, probably interrogated him. "Jordan seems very nice" Mom says.

I nod. "He is"

After hours of hanging out with my parents Jordan has to go home. He says goodbye to my parents, who surprisingly enough did not embarrass me too much. Only a little, but I could easily deal with that. I follow him to the door. Somewhat I felt a stronger connection to him now. Seeing how easily he dealt with my parents, how generous and sweet he was, really made me think twice about me and Michael. This relationship would be so much easier,  and that's all I needed right now.

"I hope they didn't scare you away" I smile at him as he takes on his shoes and jacket.

He smiles too. "Not at all. They were really nice"

"I'm glad. I was afraid you were nervous, cause I was very"

"Why?" 

"I don't know. I have never really had a guy come over to meet my parents before"

He steps closer to me, encircles his arms around my waist. "I'm glad to be the first" He says before leaning in to capture my lips. I meet him halfway with a little more passion than before. I was starting to feel much better about this than earlier. 

"So, I'll call you tomorrow"

"Do that" I smile, kissing him one last time before he leaves my house. My cheek starts to blush a little, and I felt my body getting warm. I got these mixed feelings continuously. One second I'm all about him, and the next I start to question it. And it's all because of Michael. I sigh, before turning around to walk back to the living room.

Next day ...

"Rebecca!" I hear my dad calls me from downstairs. I just finished getting ready for the day and I make my way downstairs. "What?" I ask, seeing him standing by the kitchen counter with his phone in his hand.

"We are going out for Lunch"
"Just me, you and mom?"

He smiles. "Michael and a friend of his"

A friend huh? It instantly annoyed me. Of course it could easily be one of his buddies, but I didn't believe that for a second.

"Do I have to go?" I asked and he looked at me in a way that I knew he wasn't going to let me stay at home. 

I smiled politely instead, when really I wanted to roll my eyes and not join them. I just wanted a peaceful Saturday. Was that too much to ask for?

"Why don't you take Jordan with you?"

I began picturing different scenarios of how that would look. Either it would be a total disaster, or maybe it would put the tension between me and Michael to an end. 

"Yes. I will call him and ask him" I said before taking up my phone to call him. I went into the living room, away from my dad.

"Hey! It's me, Rebecca"

"You don't think I haven't already saved you number?"

I chuckled. "You never know. So, do you wanna go to lunch with me, my parents and some friends of my family?"

I could sense how he hesitated a bit. Maybe it was too soon. Two times meeting my parents in a row? Could be just a little too much.

"Yeah, of course"

"Cool. And we can pick you up. I'll text you when"

"See you then"

"See you" I said, ending the call. 

My palms felt instantly sweaty and I was basically regretting it a little once I ended the call. I sighed, calming myself down. I didn't want to make a scene, but I was starting to feel jealous by just the thought of Michael bringing someone else. Though, I could just imagine how he must have felt when I started seeing Jordan. It's just such a messed up situation...

We arrived at the lunch-place. It looked very modern and light. I instantly scanned the room to see if they had arrived yet. My heart was beating rapidly. I was holding Jordan's hand, and he could probably feel how nervous I was. 

"Are you ok?" He asked. 

"Yeah. I just had a lot of coffee before" I say and smile.

"There they are. Come" My dad then says as he had spotted them. I follow him, noticing Michael and his company. A beautiful brunette, who looked grown up but still young. I saw how his eyes caught mine while he hugged my dad and greeted him. 

"Michael, you have to meet Jordan" I said quickly.

"Oh, so this is the boyfriend?"

I weren't sure what me and him were, but I was not capable to even think twice about what I said. "Yes. He is" I replied hugging Jordan closer to me. 

"Well, congratulations. So, since we are introducing now, I want you all to meet Haley"

She gets up to greet everyone. For some reason I feel she looks at me a little different than the others. I has to be my imagination, or she understood my behavior. Maybe I should take it down a notch. "I'm so glad to meet you. Michael has been talking non-stop, just like you're his family" She says.

We all take a seat. I'm sitting besides  Jordan on the opposite side of Michael. Great, now I have to stare at them being in love for a few hours...

A/N- Hope you enjoy xx