Chapter 14 - Hey dad

"Have you heard anything from my daughter?" 

I hear the sentence vaguely, and I step closer to the bedroom door hoping to hear it clearly.

"Eh... No" Michael says. I try to keep myself from laughing by his insecurity. He doesn't want to lie to him, but he doesn't want to make me angry either.

"I better call her"

And only then I realized that my phone weren't in the bedroom... It was laying in my bed. Seconds later it started ringing. I could just picture my dad's face when he heard it. My heartbeat raised at the speed of light. Michael was probably too, so afraid.

"Thank you Michael for helping me" I speak as if I didn't know my dad was here, and walk out into his living room.

"Oh. Hey dad" I smile. His eyes are on me. "I bumped into Michael on my way home, and honestly I was too embarrassed to go home because something happened... ehm, a little accident. Woman stuff. I didn't think he would mind"

He looked a little bit confused, that I didn't sound too believable. Then all of a sudden his frown turned into a smile. "Oh of course honey. Thank you Michael for helping her. You are such a good friend" He chuckled.

I smiled and let my eyes move over to Michael, who then smiled. "Any family of yours is my friend too" He answered my dad.

"I will see you home dad"

"I don't think Michael will mind you staying"

"No, it's ok. You can have a guys night" I say as I go to take my bag and put on my shoes and jacket. What isn't better than a soaking wet pair of shoes and a jacket? "Bye" I say before going outside, into the rain once more. This time heading towards my house instead of his.

I arrive home and hop in the shower after getting out of my soaking wet clothes. The hot water runs down my cold body, damp steaming from my bare skin. I wonder if my dad ever would consider me dating Michael. I don't think he would look at it normally, but I know he loves me so much that he wouldn't be angry with me. I'm just afraid he would hate Michael. And I would never want him to sacrifice his relationship with my dad just to be with me. Maybe in 5 years it would be ok. Then I'm older. Indeed he will be older too, but I will mature more, and it will be more socially acceptable.

When getting out of the shower I move over to get my phone, seeing I've gotten a message. From Jordan.

"Thank you again for to day. It was really fun x :)"

I smiled a little, but still having my stomach turn when thinking about Michael. I felt bad for both of them, like I was cheating on them. I typed a reply: "Me too. We should hand out again sometime:)" But did not press send just yet. I bit my lip in denial. Should I forward this? I'm indicating that I'm interested, though I still feel bad about it. Jordan was a great guy, so kind, gentle and so handsome. I shouldn't be a jerk to tell him no. I pressed "send", and he started typing quickly after.

"After school tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I'm in"

And that was it, we had a date for tomorrow. I wondered if I had to tell Michael this, or try to keep everything as secret as possible.

                                         __________________________________

Next day arrived in a hurry and I kept worrying about my date. Because I was nervous? Or because I felt I was cheating on two guys. It was so wrong, but I honestly tried getting away from Michael because I cannot see any future. At least not for now. Why did he have to be so...Michael.
I smiled just by the thought of him.

After school I met up with Jordan. He looked really good. Just like yesterday, but it was easier seeing his face in broad daylight. 
«So, have you been to the new diner just down the road?" He smiled.

I shook my head.

"I don't pay too much attention. Is it good?" I chuckled, feeling my cheeks blush.

"The milkshake is amazing. I was thinking we could go there. Sounds good?"

"Sounds awesome" I smiled, and we began walking to the diner.

We got a table shortly after we came inside. The diner was designed in a 50s theme. It was cosy and pretty. Everything, from tables to tiny pictures from that period. We both sat, looking down the menu. I had my one hand placed on the table, and suddenly I felt his warm hand on top of mine. I looked up at him, and he smiled. I blushed, feeling my cheeks warmer. 

The date went on, smoothly. We talked about anything and everything. I felt everything going great, but as the date ended, I kept getting a bad feeling about how I could go on dates when I really wanted Michael. I tried shaking off the thought when we were saying goodbye. But it was hard.

"I hope you enjoyed it"

"I had a really great time" I smiled.

He smiled too before cupping my face with his hands, and leaning in to kiss me. I closed my eyes just before his soft lips met mine. A hint of butterflies rose in my stomach and for a second I enjoyed being only us. No worrying like it was with Michael. Just simple and pure.

We parted. "I'll see you" He smiled, before walking off. I smiled at him, turned around and began walking home to my place.

I arrived home 10 minutes later, and as soon as I opened the door, I noticed his shoes, and jacket. And the sound of a basketball match from the TV filled my ears. I knew what this meant and I stopped in the hallway and froze for a second. Michael was here.

A/N

I am so so sorry, i am the worst at this.. but something else happened. Its personal, if you want to hear, you can message me.. so thats why I have been away.
Ive been trying to write, but its been really difficult. Im better now, so therefor I will write now after my exams, hope you understand. Love you all x