Chapter 21 - Perfect, not so perfect

I had not talked to Michael since I was at his house last night. Nor had I heard anything from Jordan, which I didn't expect, but sort of wished for just to know he was alright.

I was in school today, feeling very guilty. Every time I would spot Jordan, my stomach hurt. I hated the way everything happened. I wished it wasn't like this, but I couldn't work against my heart, that wouldn't be right.

"What happened between you two?" Rory asks me as we walk through the hallway on our way to our first class.

I sigh before continuing. "I broke up with him yesterday"

She gives me a shocked look making me feel even more guilty. 

"Don't give me that look" 

"I'm not... I mean, I am kinda shocked about it because you seemed like you liked him, but I know you still love Michael"

"So you don't think I'm a complete fool?"

"I wish you and Jordan would've worked out. He is a really good guy"

"I know" I frown. "He deserves so much better"

"I don't blame you for following your heart though,  that is what's most important" She smiles, caressing my back. I smile at her too. 

"Have you seen Hannah today?" I ask, realizing she hadn't met up with us as she used to.

"No, I talked to her yesterday but she was feeling a bit off it seems"

"Oh well. Maybe she will just show up in a day or too" I chuckled, knowing Hannah's habit of ditching school without any warning.

Later, as I was walking towards my locker to collect some book for the next class, my phone vibrates. I check, and it is a message from Michael. My face immediately lights up.

M: Meet me at the cafe after school x

R: See you x

As I open the door to the cafe, my heart starts beating fast. I'm in some way afraid that anyone will see us. But I have been with him before, out in the open. Though that was without it being anything between us. Now, there is so much more.

There are not too many people in here, luckily, as i browse through the cafe. Not one single person that I know. I turn around as I hear the door opening, and see Michael entering. A smile plays on his lips and I smile back at him. My heart is still beating fast, but now from the happiness of seeing him.

"Hi beautiful"

I blush. "Hi to you too"

I wanted to just hug him tight, and kiss him. But a part of me still felt scared of anyone noticing. What if suddenly my mom or dad walked in. Or anyone I knew, I don't even know how they would react.

"How do we do this now?" I ask, breaking the silence. He might be older than me, but I could tell that he was just as nervous as I was. 

He takes my hands, holding them tights as he looks into my eyes. "We start by taking something to drink, we talk..." He guides me through the cafe, to a table behind in the coziest corner. "And then we have our first real date"

I smile, sitting down on the comfortable chair. "So, what do you want?" He asks, leaning on the table in front of me. I look up at him.

"Just some hot chocolate"

"I'll be right back" He smiles before going to order.

Could it be anymore perfect than this? I was still feeling a bit afraid of the future, but as long as I knew I had Michael by my side, nothing would ruin it. Right? 

He comes back after a few minutes with two cups for us. Placing them on the table, he sits down in front of me. I couldn't stop smiling. I was so in love with this man I didn't what to do. I held my hands around the warm cup.

"I really missed you. I mean, i know we saw each other just the other day but... It's nice just being here without worrying"

"I did too. And I know what you mean" He smiled lovingly, reaching for my hand to hold it in his. It made me shiver slightly. His touch was always so sweet and gentle.

We spend the time, talking, drinking hot chocolate and just enjoying each others company which I felt we hadn't ever gotten to do. It had always been a slight worrying around every situation, with past lovers or my parents. I still didn't know what to do about them, but I knew that I could never tell them how much in love I was with Michael. They would never accept it.

"Do you want to come back to my place?" He asked as we finished up.

I thought about it for a second, knowing very well that I wanted to. "Of course I want to"

We got up from our chairs and walked towards the exit. He captured my hand as we walked when suddenly the door opened and we were met by a sight that was far form perfect.

"Dad..." I froze, quickly letting go of Michael's hand. Hoping he didn't see it..

____

A/N - Hope this part was good! I have not been good writing this story, honestly have had a difficult time with what to write. I still hope you like it haha :')

xo