Chapter 12 - Moving on

Who would have known that I would be in a situation like this? Who in the world would think that I would have a romantic relationship with my dad's best friend? And who would've thought I would  be so heartbroken by the fact that we can't be together?

I wouldn't.

The thought that I should just be a normal 18 year old girl going out with guys my own age had crossed my mind a million times since we met last week. It just seems so complicated.

I haven't seen him anymore this week, or I have been avoiding running into him. Whenever I  knew he was coming over to be with my dad, I would vanish. I wondered what he would be thinking when I never was home, or if he did think of me at all. 

________

Today we go into the last week before the holidays, and I couldn't wait to get away from school for a little while.  I suggested for Rory and Hannah that we could check out the boys soccer team at school. Just to get my mind off everything. Of course they were in on anything.

"I still can't believe everything that has happened between you and Michael" Rory says, still in shock. I told both of them everything, as I had kept a lot of it a secret.

I chuckle a bit. "Yeah, well... Me neither, to be honest" I shake my head and sigh. "But I can't keep chasing a man whom cannot be mine"

"I don't see any reason to stop chasing him. He clearly has a thing for you, nevertheless he clearly is in love with you" Hannah says.

Hearing the word "in love" makes my body thrill. "But we could never go public. I'd loose my parents for sure, and Michael would loose his best friend" I reply as we are walking down the hall, heading to the field.

"Honestly I don't think your parents will hate you... But they might possibly hate him" Rory says biting her lip.

I looked straight at the field. It had rained a lot yesterday so the field was soaking. All you could hear was the guys shouting and shoes splashing in the little pounds in the grass.

"That is what I'm mostly afraid of. Of course they will. They will never see him he same way. And, they will probably have these nasty thoughts about it" I said looking at them both.

We sat down on the tribune, it had a roof over so the seats weren't wet at least. "Why couldn't I just find a guy here?" I said gazing at the guys running.

They chuckled. "Because... They are not men" Hannah added. And we laughed.

It was true, there was something about being with an older guy that was just much more exciting than a guy my own age. Not that it was the only reason for me being with Michael. But it was a plus.

_________

As we were walking off after watching them, one of the footballs came our way. I stopped it, looked up to see where it came from. Just then, a brown haired handsome guy came jogging towards me. I felt somewhat captured in the moment. And my eyes was locked in his. Blue eyes, like the ocean. I passed the ball to him after starring at him for maybe too long. Then I smiled.
"You had a good foot" He smiled.

I smiled too, feeling my cheek blush. "I've played some football in the yard when I was little"

"You should continue"

Without really thinking I replied with- "Maybe you could teach me some tricks"

He winked at me. "Anytime" and then he walked back to the guys. I turned, feeling my heart beating like a drum. Hannah and Rory couldn't stop giggling.

"I can't believe I just said that" We walked back to school. And I didn't know if I should be embarrassed or a little proud of myself.

_________

Coming home from another school day I go straight to my room and lay down on my bed. I had a strange feeling in my stomach ever since that guy. I felt as if I was cheating on Michael. Though I didn't know what to do. Besides, he had a girl. So he could not be mad at me for flirting a little.

My phone suddenly beeps and I hold it in front of me to check. I got a new message. I open and accept it. "I'm free tomorrow after school if you still want me to teach you some tricks;)"

It is the guy from football. I wonder how he found my Facebook page. I couldn't remember giving him my name, nor receiving his.

"How did you know my name?"

"Your friend Rory came to me after school. I hope it's okay?"
"Yeah! It's no problem. I just wondered" Damn Rory.

"So...Are you free?"

Indeed I was free, but there was something keeping me from saying yes. I felt so scared. What if Michael saw me? Would he ever talk to me again? I sighed. I know I shouldn't think so much about it. But it was hard not to.

"Yes. I will meet you after school:)"

I smiled a little to myself. Maybe this would be good for me. I mean, he was handsome and cute after all. And he seemed nice. I wouldn't lose anything. Would I?

______

A/N - Just a little note. In the story it's around Christmas time now. It is cold but not snowing there haha! Just wanted to let you know to avoid any confusion <3 Love xoxo