Chapter 26 - Mend a broken heart

A/N - Because I suck, I've kind of lost track of the time in this story. Just bare with me through this chapter and then I will fix it. sorry xxxx

_____

It's been weeks since we broke it off. The time had passed ever so slowly. I'd been counting every day being away from him. I didn't want to deal with it, I wish I didn't have to. So, for most of the days I had just buried myself in my bed. Obviously I had to keep my feelings in check so my dad wouldn't notice. 

Michael wouldn't come around as often as before. Normally, I would at least see him two or three times a week. But now, I'd only seen him once these past 2 weeks. I believe my mom had something to do with it, without telling my dad the exact reason. She probably sent him over there instead of getting company here.

I would've thought she had calmed down by now, but I felt she was onto me every second. I know she doesn't mean any harm by it, but she is driving me crazy. On top of that I have to deal with mending a broken heart.

I am only happy that today is Friday and I can go back to lay in bed three days in a row. I'd told Rory and Hannah everything. Rory knew a bit more since she joined us on the cabin trip. But having to fill in everything to Hannah as well, was painful. I didn't want to re-live the break up, but I had to.

"Girl. I know you're still mourning after Michael. But Jordan is hosting a party today because they won the final last weekend" Rory says before sipping on her caramel latte.

"So I have to go to my ex party while I'm still not over another ex?" I ask hesitantly. I know they just want to help me. But this hurt more than I could ever imagine. It's one thing breaking up for a normal couple reason. But breaking up because you have to or being forced to, feels so different. You don't get the same ending.

Hannah takes my hand in hers. "Look, it's going to be good doing something else than sitting around your house"

"Y'all remember Liam. When we broke up, it was so painful. But it really helped doing normal things again. You just need to feel like you're alive" Rory adds.

She was right. She had gone through a big break up the first year of high-school. Her now ex-boyfriend Liam and she, had been together all through middle-school. Even though they were very young, she was broken for a long time.

"I just don't feel like I want to do normal things. But, I guess it won't hurt, right?" I say, 

"Exactly. It won't hurt. And if you actually don't find it fun, you can always go home" Hannah reassures me.

I sigh. "I still got to ask my mom. After her finding out, she needs to know my whereabouts at all time"

"Why don't we all get ready at your place, then I think she will trust you enough that you're actually going to a party" Rory suggests. 

"I never would've thought the day would come when my mom would be more excited for me going to a party than anything else" I joke, trying to find it funny.

____________

I got dressed and put on some makeup. Didn't really feel myself, but I looked good enough. At least good enough to put a little smile on my face. I felt a strange feeling knowing I would be going to Jordan's party. I hadn't spoken properly to him since we broke it off. I wasn't going to say that he didn't look good. But I was not going to use him to get over Michael. Not ever would I even consider doing that.

____________

After arriving at the party, we made ourselves some drinks and mingled. The place was crowded, I didn't even know who half of these people were. A few drinks later, a lot of dancing and singing, I found myself floating on cloud nine. I was feeling happy, for a change. I'd been tough these past weeks, I wasn't going to deny that. Guess I never had my heart broken like that either. 

I walked through the crowded living room, trying to find my friends. But I just ended up bumping into people, jumping and dancing. To my luck, my eyes caught up with one person. One person I hadn't actually met during the entire party. His eyes were on mine too, then he smiled. I didn't know why, if it was the alcohol, or the fact that he looked rather handsome standing there. But his smile made me feel butterflies. I walk over to him.

"Didn't expect to see you here"

"Do you say that to all the girls?" I reply back. Some sort of confident, or intoxication from the alcohol helped me.

"Only you. But I know you're not really a party girl"

"Tell that to my friends"

"I will" He smirks.

I bite my lip, unknowingly before taking a sip of my drink. Suddenly it tastes too strong, but I don't mind. I need more.

We end up in the kitchen. He is mixing us drinks, while I'm seated on the kitchen counter. I watch his every move. Every now and then he looks over at me looking at him. I feel a bit shy, but I won't stop looking. 
"Here you go" he says, handing me the drink. It looks fruity. I take a sip. And it tastes amazing.

"Wow - This is so good" I say, startled. I finish it quickly without realizing.

"I know" 

"What is it?"

"It's a secret"

He is standing so close to me, I forgot how to function. My legs are around him. I both want him to kiss me and not. I can't make up my mind. My eyes wander on his beautiful face. It felt like a long time since I'd seen him this close. 

He leans in, after I give him permission to. His on hand is leaning on my thigh. I feel shivers down my spine as his sweet breath brushes against my lips. I close my eyes, just waiting for them to meet. Once they do, I sink into it so deep. His hands are suddenly around my waist, and I'm gripping his neck to pull him closer.

I'm utterly intoxicated by his good smell, soft lips and grip on my body. I didn't know what I was going to do, but I didn't want it to stop.

A/N - Ooopsie...