Chapter 3 - Crossing the line

Me and Rory took the time to meet at a nearby cafe to catch up on everything. It was saturday and a perfect day to take coffee with your bestfriend.

"Why not show him that you are an adult?" Rory asks me. We are sitting in a nearby café talking.

I sigh. "Because I am not?" I quickly follow up with - "And how am I going to do that?".

"Simple - A sexy dress. Show him that you are edgy."

"Like a whore? No way!"

"I did not say that! I said edgy, of course that is sexy. You have to seduce him"

"What if he will tell my dad?"

"Then you are screwed" she chuckles, and I send her an evil look.

She places her hand on mine assuring me she was joking.

"However, I do not think he will. As you said about yesterday, the way you looked at each other, I am sure something is going on"

I sigh and reply worried. "Sure about that?" 

"Yes! Trust me, or else I will" she grins.

It's not like the thought hasn't crossed my mind since yesterday. But the thought of it maybe being true? It just feels too strange. How could an grown up man possibly think that of me? Then again, I have heard how older men search for younger woman after a while. I mean, they are just human beings.. and they are just men. 

I would obviously never think that Michael was searching obvious for younger woman..

________

Later, I come home from the café and are met by the sight of both my dad and mom rushing through the house. 

"What is going on?" I call out, but none of them seems to have the time to stop and answer my question.

I make my way into the kitchen to keep myself busy when waiting for them to tell me what's going on. I find a pack of noodles and boil some water to have something to eat. 

As the water finish boiling, I put the noodles in a bowl together with it. Finally, my mom steps into the kitchen. 

"Hey honey! Sorry for rushing. Didn't we tell you where we were going?"

I shake my head before getting a fork for my food.

"Your dad have a really important business dinner and well, I will accompany him"

"For how long?"

"We don't know, but don't wait up" She walks towards me and gives me a quick kiss on my forhead. I smile at her.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I asked Michael if he could check in on you. In case we are very late"

"Mom! I am old enough you take care of myself"

"I know you are, but it was sort of a habit"

A habit of me being a little kid.

Dad is calling on mom from the hallway.- "Well, bye then. See you in the morning honey"

"Have fun" - And with that, they left the house.

Was this my chance to show him how adult I am? Oh, who am I kidding. He obviously doesn't think that when my mom asked him to check up on me! How embarrassing. If he does come over I'll just tell him that everything is fine, and he does not have to worry about me.

I pick up the bowl and walk into the livingroom to turn on the TV. Hopefully, there is something fun to watch.

After swapping through a lot of channels, I end up picking a movie that was on. "Friends with benefits".  Though, I have seen it.. I might as well watch it again. 

The movie is coming to and end when suddenly the doorbell rings. My eyes widens as I remember Michael was going to come over to check on me. That might be him. Quickly I drag my fingers through my hair to make it look presentable as it looked sort of messy.

I take a deep breath before walking out into the hallway to open the door. I open, and are greeted by the beautiful smile of Michael and I smile instantly, even though I feel like my cheeks are going to explode from the heat.

"Hey.. Michael" I say, leaning against the door I'm holding. 

"Hello Rebecca. How are you?"

"Good, just a bit bored.. but other from that, I'm fine"  - "And you?" I add, keeping the conversation going.

"Good.. Uh, I'm good too"

"Glad to hear that" There is a small pause, and I feel an urge to run away from the awkwardness that just occurred. 

Something tells me, he is nervous. And I can tell that, I am extremely nervous! It's hard keeping a straight conversation when all I can think of is how delicious his lips looks. However, should I just do it? Kiss him that is.. He would not tell my parents. I doubt it, at least when I see that he is nervous too. Or, maybe he just feels uncomfortable because he can sense my nervousness. Maybe he thinks I like him and it bothers him.

 "So... was that all?"  

"Yes, I just wanted to check if you were home and how ..."

I can't handle it anymore! Before he manages to finish his sentence I pull him close, by his shirt and press my lips gently against his. To my surprise he accepts the kiss and kisses me back. He drags his fingers through my hair, pulling me closer.

He breaks the kiss suddenly and looks at me with a shocked look. 

"I got to go" He says in a sudden rush, and turns around to walk off, leaving me standing in the doorway completely confused of what I just did.. and what just happened.

__

A/N

Enjoy xo