Chapter_34.ReturnToSender/mdcrk

//Search.AlertAlarm.#873640

Subject Found: Soares, Paul, Jr. 

//Display.ArchivedData.#005

Data Found. Point of view created.

We stayed at the lava filled and fairly destroyed island for a couple of days after I found the "Census." Guude had contacted us about halfway through our stay, informing us that a major explosion had occurred in the Team Crafted Territory, and not only was the territory's entire council caught in the permanently fatal blast, but the explosion also destroyed the electricity generators in the Team Crafted Territory, so things weren't looking up.

He definitely had a reason for contacting us and asking for us to return to the Mindcrack Territory at once.

Since I had acquired the "Census" and the fact that we had a lead now to where at least one of our missing council members could be, I wasn't exactly in the position to want or be able to defy Guude either, so we decided to shorten our stay and get a move on.

We stocked our dinghies with the remainder of the supplies we had brought for our stay on the island, as well as the small amount of items that we had been able to salvage from the destroyed island, which included two pieces of wool that were crafted into blocks for building, one of them green and the other black, a large brick of polished stone that probably was a part of one of the decimated buildings, and some slightly singed papers, some from the wall I had found the "Census" on, and others in the wreckage of what appeared to be a bulletin board, along with a few more less interesting items.

The water was fairly tame on the day that we set out on the return trip for the Mindcrack Territory. It didn't take us long to arrive at and dock our dinghies on our much larger main boat, as well as prepare to shove off. This also made our return journey home easier, and I was happy to note that it was very possible that we would arrive back at the territory ahead of schedule.

Things were looking up, besides, you know, how we would have to figure out a solution to the problem of what had happened in the Team Crafted Territory, and how that would affect us and everyone else. That seemed to fade to the back of everyone's minds, though, especially because of the luck we had had on the destroyed island, and the fact that we now had a lead to go off of.

I was actually even starting to worry slightly less on the second day of travel back to the continent, though that worry quickly returned about halfway through the day. I was playing cards with a couple of the other search party members when my wrist vibrated.

You see, Guude had given me this wristwatch right before we set off for the island I found the "Census" on. He called it "The Chat," which is an odd name, I know, but I didn't want to question it. Pretty much all it does is allow Guude and I to send each other messages back and forth instantly in the form of text, and when the watch receives a message, it vibrates, informing you that you have a message.

I immediatly stood up when I felt the wristwatch vibrate, and quickly excused myself, the other guys not even giving the behavior another thought. I walked to the railing of the ship and leaned on it, then tapped the watch, prompting it to show the message.

I was confused when I saw it. It didn't look like something Guude would usually type. It seemed rushed and concieved quickly, as if the writer feared that they wouldn't be able to type it fast enough, or that the reciever wouldn't get it fast enough. The note had random capitalizations, odd punctuation, as well as words that weren't even words. It read:

PauSe SPo-tted; sredurtni at Bo--Rde,r;;-beiNG dEkcattA, Omce P-.leH quick

I wasn't sure what that even meant, but something obviously wasn't right. I wanted to drop everything that I was doing and rush to see what Guude meant, but that was pretty much impossible for the situation I was in.

I just hoped that we would make it back to the territory in time.