Chapter_1.APlannedEscape/ahvmht

//Search.AlertAlarm.#206649

Subject Found: Pattillo, Jack.

//Display.ArchivedData.#001

Data Found. Point of view created.

It was finally the time. The time that we would leave.

I had met this guy a while back at a town meeting. He called himself Geoff. We had talked, not listening to what the mayor had to say. We shared similar views on the government of the territories, the Great Council, whispering about how we felt the new laws were restricting and controlling. Then he said something I had been thinking about, but never thought I could do. He said we should escape.

We met up a couple more times, ironing out the details of this escape. It all seemed perfect…and maybe that’s why things went wrong. He told me of a smallish island off on the west coast of the small territory we both lived on. We discussed supplies, shelter and all the necessities we would need when we got to the island.

He and I decided that we would take a boat packed with everything we needed, late one Friday night. We were speculating the date of departure when suddenly sirens were blaring. We both looked at each other and nodded, sprinting off in opposite directions. I hadn’t heard from him in forever, supposing that he had abandoned the idea, or perhaps left without me. That was, until he showed up on my doorstep three days ago.

He was wearing deep olive green power armor that appeared to be the latest model; it was very high tech. Geoff told me that he was ready to follow through with the plan.  I had actually contacted one of my friends when this plan making process was originally happening. The guy was being torn apart by all these constricting rules and I had a sinking feeling that they were slowly driving him insane. I had told him that he could come with us, hoping that would stop his mind from deteriorating any further. I sighed and gulped before asking Geoff the question that had been nagging at my mind ever since he had reappeared.

“D-Do you think I could bring a friend with us?”

Even through the yellow visor on Geoff’s helmet, I could see him smiling broadly at me. “I thought you'd never ask.”