Chapter_21.TheMeeting/mdcrk

A/N: Alright! We've passed 500 views! Another (almost) 100 view jump between chapters! That's just really awesome. Thank you so much guys! And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...Chapter 21! Let's see what the rest of the Mindcracker's are up to! Speaking of which, let me take the time right now to welcome the first female Mindcracker to Mindcrack, Aureylian! Anyways, Chapter 21, everybody! :D

//Search.AlertAlarm.#119053

Subject Found: (Classified), Jason. Alias: “Guude”

//Display.ArchivedData.#002

Data Found. Point of view created.

After weeks of keeping the news that we couldn’t find Beef to myself, I finally decided that I would tell the rest of the Mindcrack Grand Council at the monthly meeting today. A large table was set up in the Town Hall in the capital of the Mindcrack Territory, Spawn Town, and I was waiting anxiously for the other members of the Mindcrack Grand Council to arrive.

After about ten minutes, the other twenty-six-twenty-four, I reminded myself, taking Beef’s status of missing into my counting as well as Kurt’s decision to make another trip to the Far Lands, members had just about arrived, and now we were only missing Nebris and Pyro. That was when the latter strolled in, taking his seat next to MC Gamer.

I sighed, fidgeting in my seat anxiously, waiting for the last member to arrive. It was after about five minutes of waiting until Nebris burst into the Town Hall, and by the urgency in his movements, I could tell he was had been running. Probably away from something that caught him doing something cheaty.

I decided not to interrogate him, though, focusing on the task at hand. I stood from my seat at the head of the table, watching as all eyes turned from Nebris taking his seat next to Pakratt, to me. I quickly cleared my throat, then began to speak.

“Hello guys!” I shouted to the group, which gained various forms of greetings in return. “Let’s begin this month’s meeting!”

The meeting went well, and since I decided that I would talk about Beef at the end of the meeting, we were able to comfortably discuss some minor issues, and, thankfully, there were no arguments this month. As the meeting went to draw to a close, though, I knew I would have to bring the topic I was dreading talking about up.

“Alright, I have one last topic I would like to speak about for this meeting.” All eyes were turned to me again, just like they had in the beginning of the meeting.

“I know we’ve all been worried about Beef, since he’s been missing for a while now,” I could feel the new wave of nervousness setting in, “So I’ve taken the request from the rest of you guys, and have gotten his tracking information.”

Faces lit up throughout the table, and some even leaned forward, anxious to hear what I had learned. “It pains me to say though,” I continued, “That it is impossible to track Beef. Something is wrong with his Alert Alarm, so as of now Beef is…gone.”

I looked around the table and waited. Waited for my fears to come true. For people to just get up and leave, leave like Beef did. But they didn’t. No one moved or spoke, and we just sat in unbroken silence for the longest time. That was, until Pause spoke.

“So we’re sending out a search party, right?” I was expecting this. Pause was definitely not going to just let Beef disappear, I knew this, but I really didn’t want him to lead the search party.

“Well, yeah, but you’re not going” I responded, which made Pause stand up.

“What?! I’m his best friend! I should search for him! You don’t-“ There was a gruff ahem from the other side of the table that interrupted Pause.

“I agree with Guude.” Said the owner of the ahem, Paulsoaresjr. “I would say that Kurt would be best fitted to be the leader of the search party, but since he is currently making another trip to the Far Lands, I will offer that I lead the search party.” Paul’s voice was level, trying to calm Pause and reason with him, but Pause wasn’t changing his mind so quickly.

“Why you? I don’t think you understand my friendship with Beef and-“ Paul was quick to interrupted Pause again, probably because this meeting was going way overtime, and it really wasn’t the time for a full blown debate.

“I am a veteran explorer, and a master of survival. I don’t doubt you Pause, but I think we should try to find Beef and bring him back here as quickly as possible, and my skills are most efficient for that. I really don’t want to argue with you about this, though, so why don’t you decide, Guude?” Paul said, turning to me as he ended his statement.

I thought about my decision for a few moments, going over the pros and cons of Paul and Pause in my head, as well as the possibility of other members leading the search party. Paul was the survival expert here, and though Pause was great with a bow, I needed him for defense of the territory. You see, without a reason or Visitor’s Pass, people aren’t allowed to “Territory Hop” as it’s called, meaning to enter a territory you’re not a citizen in. Territory hopping has been happening a lot more often recently, and with Pause’s bow skills, he is helpful at scaring off unwanted visitors, so I kind of need him here.

“I think Paul should lead the search party.” I said, and I could see Pause shoot both me and Paul a glare and sit down with his hands balled into fists. “Also” I continued “More members of the council besides Paul will be on the search party, so when we decide who those people will be, they will be contacted. Alright, so that wraps up this month’s meeting, so, meeting adjourned.” I finished, and sat at the head of the table as the other twenty-four Mindcrackers filed out of the Town Hall.

Soon I was left alone in the hall, and the sun was quickly setting. And as I sat in silence, I wondered if I had made the right choice.