Chapter_26.Unthinkable/ahvmht

//Search.AlertAlarm.#845562

Subject Found: Ramsey, Geoff.

//Display.ArchivedData.#005

Data Found. Point of view created.

Just as the Let’s Play was drawing to a close, I could feel a huge amount of pressure building up in my head. I didn’t think about it much, headaches were a common occurrence for me, especially recently.

But when the head pain continued and was still getting worse as we made the trek back to Achievement City, I knew something was wrong. As I looked around at my surroundings, trying to stray my thoughts from my pounding headache, I caught glimpses of the rest of the Achievement Hunters celebrating on the way to the city, as well as our “guests” joining in on the celebrating.

That was when I began to see the visions.

Something similar to this had happened before, several times actually, but usually when I saw visions like this, they were vague and blurry. The point is that I usually can’t make them out.

This time was entirely different.

I could see everything crystal clear, and I couldn’t believe what I was witnessing. There was fire everywhere, and everything seemed to be burning and falling apart. Destruction was the word that could sum up what I was seeing. Then, as I continued to take in this crazy vision, said vision was rocked with an explosion, and I was back looking at reality.

I wondered what I could have been seeing, and hoped that I hadn’t made any expression or said anything to make it seem like something was wrong as I experienced that vision, and as I looked around, it seemed no one noticed if I had. Except for Jordan, who was giving me an odd look, and seemed to almost catch on that something was wrong.

But as I realized that we were drawing quite near to Achievement City, I shook the vision from my mind, thinking that pondering it would just make my head hurt more.

As an afterthought though, once we finished the Tower of Pimps celebration, I gifted everyone a Minecart, both the “guests” and the other hunters. They looked at me curiously when I did, but hey, you can never be too safe.

//Switch.AlertAlarm.#206649

Subject Found: Pattillo, Jack.

//Display.ArchivedData.#006

Data Found. New point of view created.

The morning after the Let’s Play, I was woken up by an extremely loud sound. I can’t exactly tell you what it sounded like, but what I can say is that it left my ears ringing.

I then immediately rushed outside, and found that most of the other Achievement Hunters and the others were already there, or were in the progress of doing so. I noticed that they were all looking up at the sky, so I decided to do so as well.

What I saw was both amazing and horrifying.

Flying through the air, or hurtling, I guess, were giant masses of flaming rock, and they were making the same sound that I heard when I had woken up. Everyone appeared to be hypnotized by and terrified of the fireballs, but Geoff shouting soon brought everyone out of their trances.

“Everyone! Pack all of your things into Minecarts and send them down the track at Achievement Station, then go down the tracks yourselves! We need to get out of here!” Everyone, including myself, quickly scattered at those words, most of the group collecting things from Achievement City, while Jordan and Beef cleared their houses on the outskirts.

Soon we had all packed up our things, leaving all the houses mostly barren. Everyone then sent Minecarts full of items down the Achievement Station track, that all of us Hunters knew led to an emergency boat dock.

After that, people began to ride Minecarts down the track, starting with our “guests,” then the Lads, until only the Gents were left at the now burning Achievement City. I had been helping Ryan make sure everything was collected, while Geoff had insisted on being the last to leave.

Ryan and I soon finished our search, deeming the area clear, and began to sprint towards the track. That was when, suddenly, one of the flaming rocks crashed in front of us, separating us from the Minecart track and Geoff.

I could hear him calling out to us through the flames, and as I called back that we were okay, Ryan tapped me on the shoulder.

“What?” I asked him, trying to keep my cool through this stressful situation.

“I was going to save this until your birthday, but I think we’ll need it now.” He responded, before dashing back into his house leaving me confused in the middle of the flaming city. I waited for Ryan, trying to keep calm and relay things to Geoff, nearly jumping a foot in the air when another fireball collided with the side of Geoff’s house.

That was when Ryan burst out from his house, pushing some sort of Minecart out of it. I was shocked when I began to realize what kind of Minecart it was, taking in the slimmer size, exhaust pipes and off-track wheels. This was obviously a Minecart bike, similar to the ones I used to ride in Trials. Except this one was totally tricked out. It had a spot for a passenger, a storage area on the back, a light on the front, green and black racing stripes painted on it, and the Achievement Hunter logo emblazoned on the sides.

Unfortunately, I didn’t have much time to gawk at the thing or thank Ryan as the city fell down around us. I just quickly shoved on my helmet, yelled for Geoff to get going, and told Ryan to hop on as I did the same.

I then quickly started the bike up, and drove out of the city, giving Geoff a thumbs up as I passed, as well as catching a glance at Ryan, who looked a little sick due to my crazy driving. I tried to watch Geoff and drive at the same time, and doing this is why I caught such a sad sight.

Geoff started moving swiftly when we drove away on the Minecart bike, setting up his Minecart before sprinting slightly outside the city. I saw him push the stone button out there that we were never allowed to even go near, and continued to look on curiously while still attempting to drive straight.

At this point Ryan was looking too, and as Geoff jumped into his Minecart and powered the rails to send it away from the station; I saw the most heart wrenching sight.

Just as Geoff’s Minecart was a safe distance, Achievement City began to explode, TNT was flying everywhere, and all of our houses, and anything in the immediate vicinity for that matter, was destroyed. That button must have been a failsafe, no wonder we weren’t allowed to touch it or go near it. That was when I had to look away, and just continued driving, trying to keep my emotions at bay.

We were met by solemn faces when we finally reached the emergency boat dock, with even the guys besides the other Hunters looking truly upset. We all then packed the Minecarts into the boats, and split into five pairs to pilot five different boats. I was paired with Ryan, our boat containing my new Minecart bike. We all then tied the boats only holding items to the boats containing people, and shoved off from the docks.

It was when we were drifting out into the ocean, still in utter silence, when I caught Geoff’s eye. It was then that us Gents shared a look of sadness, since it was us three who really knew what happened in Achievement City in the final moments before we left.