Chapter_40.MissionInitialized/atvem

//Search.AlertAlarm.#782113

Subject Found: Harris, Taylor. Alias: “AntVenom”

//Display.ArchivedData.#004

Data Found. Point of view created.

I awoke with a start to shuffling and mumbling. I couldn't remember much about what happened before everything suddenly went black, but it seemed like I wasn't harmed any more than I was after the battle at the border, besides the killer headache I had. Most of the people in the Town Hall were awake by the time I was up, though a few people scattered around were still unconscious.

I dusted myself off and sat up, clutching my pounding head. I looked around and noticed that the Town Hall was in much more disarray than it was the last time I had seen it, and the several missing Minecraftians and splatters of blood on the ground especially didn't bode well.

In my observations though, I noticed a blood stained note that I was fairly certain wasn't there before. As soon I had picked it up and was about to read it, though, I was beckoned to retake my spot at the table.

Everyone else was conscious again about five minutes after I sat back down at the meeting table, and again we were in discussion. What had happened at the Town Hall, where the missing Mindcrackers had gone, and who was behind this whole thing were in question and actively being debated, so I decided it would be a good time to finally read that note I found.

It wasn't in the best of shape, the piece of paper having spots of blood speckled on it and various rips and tears, but none of that was as bad as the handwriting on the thing.

It was nearly unreadable, sloppy and rushed, and parts of it I couldn't even decipher, even after several minutes. When I finally decided I had discerned as much of the note as possible, I tried to put the pieces together, though it was a pretty hopeless battle. The paper read:

Captured. Brought to Dead Lands. Experimented. Help.

-BTC

I wasn't familiar with the writer of the note, but I could only assume that it was one of the Mindcrackers that had disappeared. I could also only assume that things were much worse than they initially seemed, unless the missing pieces of this message made this sound much less dangerous and terrible. Which I severely doubted.

Hoping I wasn't too late in finding this paper, I was quick to grab the others' attention, which was difficult since they were in the process of arguing over how to proceed after this entire situation.

"I think I have our solution." I stated, laying the note on the table, the others quickly crowding to try to get a look at it. They pondered it for a couple minutes, probably decoding it like I had to, before they all sat back down, looks of determination evident on each of their faces, especially the ones of the remaining Mindcrackers.

And then we were suddenly discussing a plan of retrieval.