Chapter_52.WithheldKnowledge/capspk

//Search.AlertAlarm.#102958

Subject Found: Maron, Jordan. Alias: "CaptainSparklez"

//Display.ArchivedData.#012

Data Found. Point of view created.

After a few minutes, I arrived at my destination. The elevator dinged, its doors quickly opening so that I could get out. Thankfully, there were no iron bars preventing me from exiting the contraption, so I quickly stepped out of the elevator.

As I entered the floor, I found that I was standing on a fancy wooden flooring, with a glass wall and door in front of me. The area behind the glass seemed much more expansive than the area I was in, which reminded me of a waiting room, and I could also spy some machinery in the other section.

Eager to get to the actual control room, I slid open the glass door and walked into the other area. It was quite large, with high tech computers and other contraptions lining the walls and sitting throughout the room. I moved swiftly to the far back, though, fighting the urge to examine every single thing within the room.

The back wall was probably the least crowded portion of the room. Most of the wall was a window, allowing a nice view of the huge, sprawling Dead Lands. The only thing in front of the large window was a medium sized spruce desk, which harbored a wide array of buttons, levers, and switches, along with some sort of terminal. 

I tried using the terminal first, finding that it was oddly unlocked and had no security measures on it. I soon discovered why, the reason being that it was only used for messaging between two parties, though I was unsure who either of the two were. Despite this though, I decided to skim through the e-mails anyway.

Most of them were simple order relays or asking for information, though some were interesting. Said intriguing messages asked for certain button inputs. One combination could apparently create a lightening storm, another could spur on a volcanic eruption, while yet another could make tsunamis. As I read these commands, something felt off, though. Why did all these events seem so familiar?

When I saw the dates on the e-mails, I knew why.

These man made natural disasters were launched on the same days as ones that were supposedly "natural."

And all of these man made disasters caused significant damage.

A volcano was set to erupt the day we had to evacuate Achievement City. A lightning storm was set to occur when the night the major generator exploded in the Team Crafted Territory.

Someone was purposefully attacking populated Minecraftia locations.

I subconsciously balled my fist at this thought, narrowing my eyes as I shut down the terminal. Once it powered down I struck the keyboard, swiping it off the desk and sending it clattering to the ground in my rage.

Through this act of anger though, I found that something was hidden underneath the keyboard.

A button to be exact.

It was covered by glass, with words above it stating, "SELF DESTRUCT - ONLY USE IN AN EMERGENCY."

I smirked when I saw this, adjusting my sunglasses before smashing the glass above the emergency button.

Soon my fingers were hovering over the device, only the thought of revenge for what we, and many other citizens, had gone through going through my head.