Chapter_33.Tragedy/capspk

//Search.AlertAlarm.#102958

Subject Found: Maron, Jordan. Alias: “CaptainSparklez”

//Display.ArchivedData.#007

Data Found. Point of view created.

We made it to the capital of "Sundris" by daybreak. We were exhausted, having fought off multiple monster attacks on our journey that night, as well as having to haul our minecarts full of supplies the entire way to the city, which was still named Jecropolis to my understanding.

We took refuge in an abandoned apartment once inside the city, which seemed to be teetering on the brink of chaos. I wasn't surprised that the city was slightly out of control, I mean an explosion had happened in the territory right next to the one it resided in, but I just thought the level of insanity was slightly uncalled for.

We didn't find out until the next morning how wrong I was.

Some of us, including me, woke early, and since we were relatively safe, as well as in a state where we needed to rest and recuperate, Geoff wasn't planning on having us move too early that morning.

We, the early risers, who were myself, Jack, and Beef, sat quietly on the broken balcony of the apartment we were staying in for a bit. We had a nice view of the city from the spot, even though we weren't that far off the ground, we were only on the second floor, as well as a view of a News Screen, one of those boards that held the information that anyone would ever care to know.

The board was playing quiet music that I could barely hear as it displayed the weather, minecart traffic reports, and if there were any delays on the light rails. Suddenly, though, the screen began to blare alarms loudly, catching my attention, where it showed bold, vibrant, red words that stated "BREAKING NEWS ON LAST NIGHT'S SUDDEN NUCLEAR EXPLOSION!"

My curiosity peaked at the words and I focused my attention on the screen, wondering what had been found out about the mysterious explosion that had occurred last night.

"More research has been done this morning on the explosion that occurred yesterday night in the Team Crafted Territory." I heard the board project, though I could barely hear it since we were so far away.

"The explosion was supposedly caused by one of the frequent electrical storms as of late, as one of the bolts of lightning from one of said storms apparently struck one of the main electrical generators that powers not only the Team Crafted Territory, but the entire continent." My jaw dropped in disbelief at these words. Everyone knew that the Team Crafted Territory contained the electrical plants that powered the entire main continent. If one of them was hit and destroyed...

"The entire capital of the territory was levelled in the explosion, killing all present in the city, even the entire Team Crafted Council themselves. Due to the nature of the explosion and its radius of destruction, all caught in the blast are confirmed to be permanently departed, even the Council members. Their Alert Alarms would have been unable to save them in this situation, and this has been confirmed by searching the code of the program, Their names have been automatically terminated. This is also unfortunate as that capital held all the main electrical generators for the entire continent, which have now been destroyed. Territories will have to currently run on their emergency generators temporarily until a more permanent solution can be created. More news on this topic will be reported when available."

I sat in shock for a good five minutes, silent and in disbelief. Not only were all the Team Crafted Council members permanently dead and their capital destroyed, but now the other territories and other parts of the continent would have to rely on their own much less powerful generators to survive for who knows how long.

After I regained my senses, I quickly got up, ready to travel.

I knew we had to move fast. We needed to get to the Mindcrack Territory before everything fell apart.

And we had to do it soon.