Chapter_19.InTheDistance/chmswft

A/N: WOO! Over 320 reads! Pack, you guys are just awesome. Thanks for reading, and, hopefully, enjoying this story. Seriously, I really appreciate you guys reading and commenting and voting and such, so just know that. Anyways, I hope you are enjoying this story, and I encourage that if you are to read The Weekly Trip to the Vault, The Achievement Animals, and whatever else I end up posting here. But if you don't want to, that's fine too. Just know that all of you Pack members have my sincerest appreciation. :D Also, at the time I'm posting this, it is my rabbit Ivan's first birthday! I just want to say happy birthday to my beloved pet, friend, and partner in crime in a public manner. :D You guys, The Pack, may put birthday wishes in the comments if you would like.

//Search.AlertAlarm.#250411

Subject Found: (Classified), (Classified). Alias: “ChimneySwift11”

//Display.ArchivedData.#003

Data Found. Point of view created.

As soon as Jack pretty much straight up sacrificed himself for us and we all said our goodbyes, we ran. We didn’t even look at the maps some of us were carrying, we just ran. It was at least ten minutes into the running that I felt it. It felt as if the ground was rumbling beneath me, as if it would open up and swallow us. I looked at the people beside me, partially relieved to see them confused and looking around, confirming that they felt the shaking too. I then looked behind us to see a plume of ashy grey light a sort of far ways away from us. It was strange, even though it was dark, I could easily see the light, and that it was grey. 

It felt like hours before we finally saw the lights of Achievement City. My legs were burning and numb at the same time, and I had reluctantly gone against using my hoodie because I didn’t want to lose Ant and the remaining Achievement Hunters in the darkness. As we finally sprinted into Achievement City and caught our breath, nobody spoke. We didn’t move either. We just panted and stood in the center of the city, and through my heavy breathing and clouded vision I could see several of the Hunters staring at Jack’s house. That was when Geoff spoke.

“We should all get some sleep. I would like to speak to Beef and Jordan in the morning, and after that all of you please meet me here. We will attempt to…” Geoff trailed off for a moment, as if he was struggling with the words. “-Find his remains.” Geoff didn’t even speak the name, it was probably too difficult for him, but we all knew he meant Jack’s remains.

We all nodded then parted ways, each Hunter going to his respective house, with AntVenom and I following Geoff, since we had yet to build our houses. All three of us walked in to Geoff’s monolith of a house silently, then quickly laid down in our beds. I was, and still am, nearly positive that none of us slept that night though.

I decided to get out of bed after my sleepless night when I felt as if the sun was at a respectable place in the sky. As I walked out of Geoff’s house, leaving AntVenom to lay in his bed, I found a few of the Hunters scattered about the city, talking or stretching or just hanging out. I looked all about Achievement City, taking in every detail of it in the beautiful morning I was experiencing, when I saw it.

In the snowy biome behind Ray’s house, I could see something shuffling. What I could only suspect was its face was covered by a striped hood with a skull on it, and it was wearing an ashy grey cloak along with black cloth shoulder guards. It also had on a light grey scarf and what appeared to be heavy boots. The cloak had a curved white stripe near where the thing’s waist would be, and I could see a large white skull emblazoned on the cloak near the shoulder of whatever was shuffling out there. It was also carrying something, but I couldn’t make out what it was.

As the thing approached at a rapid pace, I could feel my eyes widen. “Guys!” I called out, catching all the nearby Achievement Hunters’ attention. “Do you have any idea what THAT is!?”