Chapter_27.AmongTheRanks/mdcrk

A/N: I can't believe this story has over 1000 reads! That's awesome! Thank you guys, The Pack, so much for all the support! Also, a couple days ago, I posted some art for this book, Cyber Bound, and it depicts Jack's minecart bike from the previous chapter if you wanted to see what it looks like. It's on my Photobucket, (which is under the website part of my page), if you want to give it a look. Anyways, thanks again for all the support, and see you at 1500 reads! :D

//Search.AlertAlarm.#677390

Subject Found: Sano, Jeff. Alias: “JSano19”

//Display.ArchivedData.#001

Data Found. Point of view created.

Paul had said that it would take four days to prepare for the trip and get everything in order, including picking the best route from the ones we discussed in the meeting.

I was sitting atop the roof of my house, overlooking the lake I had chosen to have my house built close by. It had been a busy four days before today, between my own personal preparation, and juggling all the jobs I did for the Mindcrack Territory besides being a member of the council.

The morning before our search party was set to head out was the first time in a while that I had been able to enjoy my favorite morning pastime: sitting on the roof and enjoying a coffee. It also gave me time to think.

I thought about a lot of things, especially about what Paul had said at the meeting. I wondered what route we would take, thought about the discussions that we had had, but mostly pondered about what Paul had said when he talked about Sevadus and the lead on where BTC could be.

He had called him the newest council member, which had been true then, but not now. Between then and now, Coestar had been initiated and joined, and TheJims, a council member who had gone rouge for the longest time, had finally returned and been reinitiated.

It was actually crazy how many new council members were joining these days, it seemed like every day it was someone new. But, with all the craziness that’s been going on lately, maybe more people are what we need.

//Switch.AlertAlarm.#873640

Subject Found: Soares, Paul, Jr.

//Display.ArchivedData.#002

Data Found. New point of view created.

It took quite a while to get everything sorted out. I had to pick the most efficient route to check out all the areas where Beef and Blame might be, pack supplies and rent boats, and also talk to Sevadus about his lead on Bitsy. That was actually the hardest part, I think.

It was quite hard to set a time and place to meet with Sev, and once that was finally accomplished, the meeting was…strange, to say the least.

Sevadus seemed very on edge and paranoid, and was also very quiet and almost…frightened. He didn’t talk very much either. The whole meeting was very odd and off in a way.

Sev said that he saw Bitsy talking to a guy in a suit that he didn’t recognize, probably because he said he didn’t really get a good look at his face. BTC was quiet and tense when he was talking and after the conversation the two took off, eventually driving away in minecarts. Sevadus said he tailed them for a bit, but lost them quickly. Apparently they were heading for the border of this territory.

Between the way Sevadus was talking and what he was actually saying, something doesn’t seem quite right. If I wasn’t just about to be heading out on a search party expedition I would definitely look more into who the guy in the suit was. For now, all I can do is mention it to Guude and hope he can look into it.

If we find Bitsy, hopefully that can clear things up, but I have a feeling something big is going on in the Mindcrack Territory and maybe the other territories as well. And I don’t think it’s something good.