Chapter_56.RecoverAndReturn/ahvmht

A/N: Hey, Pack! I just wanted to inform you guys that this is the second to last real chapter of this story! This is my longest book to date, and the first one I've ever posted to Wattpad! Thank you all so much for all your support for the more than year and a half that I've been posting this, and I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it. Again, this is the second to last true chapter, with this one preceding one last full chapter and an epilogue of sorts. Thanks again, and here's the second to last true chapter! :D

//Search.AlertAlarm.#206649

Subject Found: Pattillo, Jack.

//Display.ArchivedData.#011

Data Found. Point of view created.

I woke up a little after the sun had risen. The only other person in the group that was conscious was Beef, who seemed to be carefully regathering all of our supplies, which were scattered about the area.

I sat up from where I lay flat on my back, wincing when I felt pain from doing so. I looked myself over, noticing that besides some minor burns, I was in fairly good shape.

Well, except for my left arm.

A large, sharp piece of shrapnel was embedded in my forearm, blood pooling around the large, open wound that the fragment thrown by the explosion had created. It pained me to move my left arm due to this, the shrapnel piece probably just barely not impaling the bone in my arm.

Knowing that the object stuck in my limb had to come out, I steadied my right hand, my arm still slightly shaking as I grasped the fragment, preparing to yank it out.

I did so in one swift motion, subconsciously hurling the shrapnel on to the ground once I had pulled it from my arm. I then quickly raised the injured limb and applied pressure to it before rushing towards the minecarts Beef was still refilling with equipment.

Said man only looked slightly surprised to see me up and about, and quickly helped me bandage the wound on my arm once I found the first aid supplies. Then, I silently started helping him collect supplies.

Everyone else was up by noon.

Most of them had suffered injuries similar to mine and Beef's. Minor burns, head pain, small cuts and bruises, and wounds due to pieces of shrapnel,  but others were not as lucky. Ray's arm was broken, BTC's shoulder was dislocated and his ankle was sprained, two of the fingers on Chimney's hand were broken, and there was a large, deep wound down the length of Pause's back.

Due to this, we stayed where we were on the edge of the Dead Lands for a while, fixing up everyone's injuries as best as we could. No one questioned why the lab we had rescued the kidnapped Mindcrackers from had exploded, but then again, there wasn't much talking in general.

While we recovered, Guude attempted to use some sort of comm system to contact the Mindcrackers who were still at the Mindcrack Territory and inform them that we were coming home. Unfortunately, he was unable to do so, which led us to the assumption that the power, at least in the Mindcrack Territory, had finally gone out, though it was also likely that no where had power anymore.

Which meant that none of the Alert Alarms worked anymore.

Well, they stilled worked, at least for the people who still had them, they just couldn't be used for respawning and couldn't give off signals, so they were pretty much useless.

Things were silent as we packed up the rest of the materials and prepared for travel. It took a while to do that along with providing medical attention to the group, even if some of us only needed a few bandages or an ice pack.

By evening, though, we were off again.

Hopefully the entire Mindcrack Territory wouldn't be in shambles by the time we got back to it.