Chapter_41.Unknown/mdcrk

//Search.AlertAlarm.#356822

Subject Found: (Classified), (Classified). Alias: “Etho”

//Display.ArchivedData.#001

Data Found. Point of view created.

It was dark when I woke up. Something didn't feel quite right, and that feeling intensified when I opened my eyes to find that I could only barely see my surroundings and what I could see of said surroundings did not bode well.

It was layers upon layers of stone brick, seeming to stretch on endlessly. I attempted to shout a hello into the darkness, but my mask muffled it.

My arms felt numb and heavy, and my head was killing me. I shifted slightly, finding that movement was possible, though my body did not seem to enjoy it. For the first time I noticed iron bars in front of me, cutting me off from the rest of the stone brick darkness.

If I squinted I could spy something across from me, and it didn't seem to be another "cell" like mine. What I made out seemed like chains, then something hanging by the chains.

I dragged my pained body to the front of my cell, peering through the bars at what lay across from my cell.

I had to stifle a gasp when I saw what it was.

A battered and bloodied BTC hung from the metal chains I saw, limp and unconscious.

I lifted myself to my knees to get a better look at my friend, hoping desperately that he wasn't dead, as he had been saying that something hadn't been quite right with his Alert Alarm lately. After several minutes of silence, I finally heard ragged breaths coming from his form, and let out a muffled sigh of relief. My trained ninja hearing had come in handy again.

I squinted through the bars again, now with my slight height inprovement, and found that I could spot a few more cells down each side of the hall of darkness. My eyes must have been adjusting to the light.

After finding that I pretty much saw all I could see after a few minutes, I sat back down and tried to recall what had happened before I woke up here. I remembered a big meeting, weren't we in the Mindcrack Town Hall? How had I gotten here then?

Before that there was a big fight, and hadn't BTC burst into the Town Hall after the meeting? I couldn't quite recall what had happened, it was very foggy and I could only really remember bits and pieces. The only thing that was clear was a very distinct sound. The sound of hissing air releasing from a gas canister.

I shook my head, my headache wasn't clearing up and all I could hear was that sound replaying over and over in my head. Pushing my broken memories and other thoughts to the back of my mind, I decided on attempting to find a way to get out of here since something obviously wasn't right.

I painfully hoisted myself to my feet, finding that everything I had on me at the time had been taken, leaving me empty handed to attempt to break out of my cell. I slowly hobbled over to the iron bars locking me inside the enclosed area I resided in and rattled them, though I was sure it would do nothing.

Just as I finished pointlessly shaking the bars though, I heard a groan, and immediately pulled down my mask before shouting out an equally confident and scared, "Hello?!"