Chapter_50.SoloMission/capspk

//Search.AlertAlarm.#102958

Subject Found: Maron, Jordan. Alias: "CaptainSparklez"

//Display.ArchivedData.#011

Data Found. Point of view created.

As we all filed down the stairs which would hopefully take us to where the kidnapped Mindcrackers were being held, I stood back, silently volunteering to be at the back of the group. 

I nodded as the others passed by me, some shooting me smiles or appreciative glances, until only Ant and Chim were left. They thanked me for watching out for the group, before beginning to go down the stairs, frequently looking over their shoulders at me as they did so. Once they made it to the area of the steps where they turned sharply and led west, which was a point where one could no longer see the top of the stairs, instead of following the rest of my companions, I turned around and sprinted off in the other direction.

Honestly, I had never had the intent of going into the underground in the first place. I wanted to explore the labs, as not only were they interesting, but they seemed mysterious as well, as if they harbored some sort of secret. I wasn't sure why I felt this way about the building, but I have never been one to ignore my instincts, so I decided that I would split from the group at the soonest possible moment.

The point when everyone was heading down the stairs was said moment.

I hurried out the entrance area as soon as AntVenom and ChimneySwift rounded the corner, running across the room and crouching down once I made it to one of the blocked off elevators. I jammed my sword between the ground and the metal bars separating the elevator doors and wiggled the blade in an attempt to lift the bars up.

After a bit I was successful, finally able to fit my fingers underneath the iron bars and lift them, allowing me access to one of the elevators. The doors of said contraption opened as soon as they detected me, allowing me to walk into the elevator without letting go of the heavy metal bars I was holding. Once I was situated in the contraption, I hit the button for the top level of the labs, as I was curious what was up there, before letting go of the bars as the doors shut, figuring that I could deal with that problem later.

The doors of the elevator quickly clicked shut after I let go of the iron bars, before the contraption began to rise, bringing me to my destination. Looking at the button I had clicked without reading the label, I realized that the top floor was apparently the Control Room.

Time to see how this place worked.