Chapter_17.Experience/atvem

//Search.AlertAlarm.#782113

Subject Found: Harris, Taylor. Alias: “AntVenom”

//Display.ArchivedData.#003

Data Found. Point of view created

I didn’t get much sleep last night. I couldn’t stop thinking about getting my new essence weapon. I’m still wondering what my essence is and what my weapon will be.

“C’mon man, get up.” Beside me, Geoff was shaking Chim awake. He mumbled something, then got to his feet and rubbed his eyes.

“Let’s go, then” Chimney grumbled, yawning. Geoff nodded, and held the door open for Chim and I, before he locked it behind himself.

Outside, standing on the logo of Achievement City, were the other five Achievement Hunters. “Where’s Beef and Jordan?” Geoff asked Jack, referring to the other two people who lived here besides the Hunters.

“Beef mentioned he wanted to build his house today, Jordan said he was supervising” Jack reported.

Geoff nodded, then started leading me, Chim and the other hunters northwest. We passed several strange structures, including a giant cobblestone altar. ChimneySwift and I seemed pretty amazed by these structures, but the Achievement Hunters seemed unimpressed. It was probably because they had already seen these things.

We ended up stopping at a crossroads between a small house, a giant bunker made of obsidian and some kind of glowing rock, a small area filled with work tables and furnaces, and an odd looking table that was surrounded by shelves upon shelves of books.

“Is that the Enchantment Table?” I asked, pointing at the weird table.

“Yeah” Geoff responded with a nod. We all walked towards the thing, before the Achievement Hunters stopped walking and stood a few feet away.

“You go first” Chim told me, smiling and giving a thumbs up before he went to stand with the Hunters. Geoff had told me that the strange book on the Enchantment Table will open to a random page, and when it does, that I should place both hands on the two pages that it opens up to. Then there will be some light, but I just need to hold my hands to the pages. After the light clears, my Essence weapon will be hovering above the book, and I just need to take it.

I strode over quickly to the table, cracking my knuckles. I then held my hands above the book, waiting for it to open. I waited for a while, but nothing seemed to happen. I cocked my head to the side in confusion, then reached my hands out to the book on the Enchantment Table. I attempted to pry it open, but it was no use. The thing wouldn’t budge.

I turned around to see Geoff with his head in his hands, Jack sighing, Michael, Gavin, and Ray fooling around, Chim looking as confused as me, and Ryan rolling his eyes at Geoff.

I walked back to them, curious what was going on. “I’m sorry…” Geoff muttered as I approached, his words muffled a bit by his hands.

“What’s going on?” I asked, I was feeling a bit angry, a bit confused, and a bit curious at the same time.

“He forgot that you need experience to use the Enchantment Table” Ryan responded, rolling his eyes again. “It’s an even worse mistake considering that we had a Let’s Play where we competed to see who could obtain their Essence Weapon first!”

“Obviously I didn’t win that one” Geoff joked. He proceeded to lift his head from his hands and shot a glare at Jack, who, from this reaction, probably won that Let’s Play.

“What’s experience?” I asked, which caught Chimney’s attention.

“It’s sort of like an energy. You get it from killing Illness creatures.” Ryan explained, and I nodded, remembering how the three Hunters had explained the disease called The Illness. Geoff, Jack and Ryan had explained a lot of things when we were walking from the “interrogation” site to Achievement City.

“So is that the reason behind this bunker?” I questioned, and Ryan nodded.

“Yeah, Illness creatures are attracted to the dark, so they usually appear here, in The Bunker of Destiny, making it easier to get experience.” I thought about this, it made sense, that was for sure.

“Speaking of which,” Geoff butted in, “you guys should probably get in The Bunker and get some experience, so, you know, you can get your Essence Weapons.” ChimneySwift and I nodded in agreement, then Geoff opened the door to The Bunker of Destiny, gesturing for us to walk in.

I walked in first with Chim following, and observed all the monsters around me. There were a couple zombies to my left along with a creeper hiding underneath what appeared to be stairs. Chimney was already making his way towards the zombies, so I decided to go for the creeper.

I unsheathed my diamond sword, ready to attack, as I inched closer to the monster. It soon saw me, since it began to hiss and stood still. I ignored it and rushed in, sword at the ready. The creeper began to expand and turn a white color as I drew closer, hissing the entire time. By the time I made it to the monster, the thing was a ghostly shade of white and it was hard to tell where the head was from how bloated the creature was. All I could do once I was within attacking range was swing at what I thought was the head and hope.

Thankfully, as soon as I swung I heard the hissing stop and a green head was at my feet. The creature then appeared to dissipate, leaving no trace it was ever there. I turned around to see Chimney had handled the zombies as I saw the monsters’ bodies headless and on the ground.

We both proceeded to kill more monsters, eleven zombies, three skeletons, two more creepers, and two giant spiders for me and eight zombies, two skeletons, five creepers, three giant spiders and an enderman for Chim. As I sliced the legs off of another giant spider, finishing it off by decapitating it, I felt Chimney’s hand on my shoulder.

“Dude” he whispered, as if in awe, “you’re glowing.” I turned around to face him, curious and confused, noticing the fallen skeleton beside him as I did. That was when I noticed that he seemed to be glowing with a faint light blue light.

“You’re glowing too!” I responded, “Is my light sky blue, too?” ChimneySwift looked confused for a moment before answering.

“No” he replied, “Your light is gold.” I nodded swiftly at his response.

“I bet we’re ready for our Essence Weapons now!” I then exclaimed, “I bet that’s what the light means!” Chim nodded in response, and we both began to walk out of the bunker together.

As we reentered outside, all the Achievement Hunters’ faces lit up. “You have enough experience!” Geoff exclaimed, confirming my suspicion. Chimney and I both smiled, and Chim gestured that I should go first. I smiled broadly at him, but instead of walking towards the table, I walked in front of all six Achievement Hunters, who had gone back to standing side to side.

I had a request.