Chapter_6.Introductions/ahvmht

//Search.AlertAlarm.#206649

Subject Found: Pattillo, Jack.

//Display.ArchivedData.#003

Data Found. Point of view created.

I continue tapping my foot quickly, trying to hide my fear. Jordan just didn’t seem to grasp the seriousness of this situation. He probably lived in a big town, and has no idea what The Illness is. I told myself.

About a year ago the other Achievement Hunters and I found that at night monsters would come out. It was sudden and hadn’t happened before then. They were all frightening mutated beasts, ranging from reanimated corpses to giant spiders and everywhere in between. No one in all of the territories had ever figured out what caused this phenomenon. It was named The Illness.

Anyone who was prone to The Illness would die suddenly if affected, like if they were bitten by a Zombie or something. The Illness would then override their Alert Alarm Respawn system and turn them into one of these monsters.

The Great Council tried to cover the whole thing up, but people in small unprotected villages still knew about it. Those villages are a very tiny part of the population though.

I pick up my shovel and buckets and look at Ryan, and he nods. If Jordan won’t follow us, we’ll have to leave without him. I begin to run with Ryan at my side and we head for Achievement City. I hear footsteps pounding behind me and I know that Jordan must have given up and was following us.

We entered the forest and I tried to run at the same speed, even though the branches and dead leaves filling the forest floor were not helping. As we neared the exit I could see light coming from the plains where Achievement City is situated. Then I hear a growl.

I quicken my pace, not caring that some sand has fallen out of the buckets. A fourth set a footsteps join ours as the Zombie nears us, but thankfully they are slow, shuffling footsteps.

We leave the forest and dash to Achievement City, coming upon it in a few minutes. I catch my breath once I am in its safe, lit up perimeters and turn to see Jordan and Ryan running towards me. They skid to a halt in front of me, and both are breathless, but not for the same reason. Jordan looks awestruck by Achievement City.

“Whoa, dude!” He whispers, eyes wide. “This city is awesome!” I roll my eyes.

“Not the time!” I whisper-shout back. He continues to smile, and I just shake my head. Then something hits me. “Where are you going to stay?” I ask Jordan quietly.

He shrugs. “I don’t know” he responds.

“He can stay with Edgar” Ryan says. I give him the fiercest glare in the history of Minecraftia.

“Really Ryan?!” I quietly yell at him. He just chuckles, and I can’t help but chuckle with him after a minute or two. Jordan looks at us, confusion all over his face. “Don’t even ask” I tell him. He just shrugs again.

“I think I have enough supplies in my house for a spare bed” I say to Jordan. “I guess you can stay in my house.” He nods. I begin to lead Jordan to my house and wave to Ryan, who is walking to his own house. He waves back.

I open the chest in my house and take out some materials to make a bed, while placing the sand buckets and shovel inside the same chest. As I work, I see Jordan staring out the window of my home. “This is quite the interesting city” He comments.

“You don’t even know the half of it.” I finish the bed and carry it to the other side of the house before placing it down. “Night” I say, flopping down in my own bed. Jordan reluctantly lies down in his bed, too.

“Night.”

 //Switch.AlertAlarm.#845562

Subject Found: Ramsey, Geoff.

//Display.ArchivedData.#001

Data Found. New point of view created.

I wake up to the sound of knocking on my door. I groan and listen closer. The knocking is quiet, but quick, like it’s urgent. I strap on my olive green power armor and mutter, “Come in.”

I hear the door open, and in walks Jack and Ryan. I wonder what they want so early in the morning. “Good morning” Jack says, I hear a hint of fear in his voice.

“What do you dickheads want?” I grumble, standing up from where I was sitting on my bed.

“You might want to sit down for this” Jack says.

“I’ll be fine” I assure him. He sighs.

“Suit yourself.” There’s a bit of a pause as Jack seems to think about what he wants to say. “Okay, so yesterday I was out getting sand like you told me and I was taking a short break. Suddenly, I hear footsteps and I think it’s just Gavin coming to play another prank on me.” I wonder what the point of this whole story is. “So I turn around to confront him and it’s actually some guy I’ve never seen before.” This catches my attention.

“Are you sure you’re okay, Jack?” I ask. Maybe he has a fever or something.

“That’s what I thought at first too, maybe I was hallucinating.” I nod. “But I’m pretty sure I’m not.”

“Okay, continue.”

“Alright, so I talked to the guy for a little bit, deliberately trying to tell him as little as possible. Apparently the guy’s name is Jordan and his boat crashed on the island. This is the really bad thing-“ Jack is about to explain but I think I already understand.

“So are trying to tell me that you think the Tower of Pimps is no longer working?” I ask. Jack nods somberly.

“That and that Ryan here almost told him about it.” Ryan gives Jack a glare and Jack just chuckles.

“Where is this guy, Jordan or whatever his name is?” I question.

“In my house” Jack responds. I raise my eyebrows, but keep my voice level.

“You took him in?”

“Reluctantly” He replies, “it seems like he’s oblivious to everything. I was afraid that if I left him that he would end up like one of those monsters, it would just be another zombie or skeleton to fight.”

“Smart” I comment. Jack shrugs.

“If you want to see him I can go get him. I let him sleep since I had a feeling he would have to leave this morning.”

“Leave?”

“Yeah. We’re going to make him leave the island, aren’t we?” I shrug, unsure. There sure has been a lot of shrugging this morning.

“Maybe. We’ll see soon, I guess.”

//Switch.AlertAlarm.#552019

Subject Found: Haywood, Ryan.

//Display.ArchivedData.#001

Data Found. New point of view created.

I walk with Jack to his house to wake up that guy, Jordan. Jack opens the door and walks in, and I follow. Jordan is snoring away on the bed, obviously sleeping deeply.

“What should we do to wake him up?” Jack whispers to me. I subconsciously smile evilly, something I am well known for.

“I have an idea.” I say. Jack gives me a look, but says nothing.

“Fine, but please don’t kill him, or send him into shock or something. I would like to bring him to Geoff in one piece.” I nod and walk towards the bed, grabbing the one side with both hands. I then pull up quickly, rolling Jordan off and on to the floor. I could’ve heard Jack’s sigh from a mile away.

“What-what the-“ Jordan begins to sputter, but both Jack and I ignore him.

“C’mon” Jack says. “Quit being flustered and get up. Someone wants to meet you.”