Chapter_53.Run/ahvmht

//Search.AlertAlarm.#990821

Subject Found: Jones, Michael.

//Display.ArchivedData.#002

Data Found. Point of view created.

The Mindcrack leader, I think they mentioned his name was Guude, suddenly gestured for us to follow him into the dimly lit stone brick corridors of the basement of the lab after a few moments of silence. I wasn't sure what he could have possibly detected, as I didn't hear anything, but since looks on members of the group's faces ranged from understanding to confused, I was led to believe that some sign was made that would lead us to the hostages, it was just very faint.

We strode through the dungeon-esk area, completely silent, and after a minute or two of walking, I was finally able to hear two quiet, whispering voices.

"But how do we get out?" One spoke, the voice muffled, though it seemed that this wasn't because of how far away it is. 

"I don't know, but the three of you have a better chance than I do." This voice was much clearer, and was a better gauge of how close we were to the speakers. Even though both of the people were whispering, the second voice was fairly noticeable, and at this realization, the group began to pick up speed.

All of our feet pounded against the stone brick floor for several minutes, the voices instantly stopping when they presumably heard our approach. We ran through hallway after hallway, corridor after corridor, out breaths beginning to become labored as we continued to sprint through the seemingly endless maze.

After a few more turns though, passing the same walls and walls of cells, we turned into a new corridor, some of us breathing heavily. This section was different, as four figures could be made out. Three were inhabiting the normal cells we had seen so much of, while one was hanging somewhat limply from some chains.

I was unsure for a moment as to whether or not these were the guys we were looking for, I wasn't at all familiar with the Mindcrackers, but once I saw all of the Mindcrackers' footfalls quicken, I was certain these were the people we were looking for.

The Mindcrackers in our group arrived at the four hostages before the rest of us, and were already trying to free them. Guude was speaking quickly, his voice serious, though there was an obvious hint of nervousness in his tone. He was attempting to free the man who was strung up on the chains, said guy looking a bit worse for wear with all the blood all over him. The others were working on freeing the three others, one of the hostages being the ninja I remember fighting in the initial battle.

Without speaking, those of us who arrived after the Mindcrackers got to work, spreading out to help the others. The chained Mindcracker was freed first, the robed man falling to his knees before he was quickly pulled up by Pause and Beef, who proceeded to more or less carry him by leaning him on their backs and shoulders.

The rest of us were having trouble breaking the locks on the cells, and while most of the group were trying to safely unlock the locks, I proceeded to just slice one with my sword, the others doing the same when they determined that there were no ill effects in doing so.

The imprisoned hostages were then hauled to their feet, Guude still speaking fast, though I had long ago determined I didn't care what he was saying.

And then we were running.

We were sprinting for the exit, somehow retracing our steps through the maze that this dungeon was. After several minutes, the threshold to the staircase that led back up was in sight, and the group of us headed right for it.

That was when the ground suddenly shook violently beneath our feet.

And then we were running even faster.