Chapter_13.BeginningWithHostility/ahvmht

//Search.AlertAlarm.#845562

Subject Found: Ramsey, Geoff.

//Display.ArchivedData.#002

Data Found. Point of view created.

I woke up with a grumble and strapped on my olive green power armor. I plan to finish the newest Let’s Play today, since I am sure the guys are anxious to see who the new temporary owner of the Tower of Pimps will be. I walk to my door, and see that a note has been slipped partially under it.

I quickly pick it up, and am slightly surprised to see who it’s from. Jack. It reads:

Geoff,

I found another guy on the beach yesterday, and he’s from the Mindcrack territory. He cut out his alert alarm and is very laid back and friendly. I left him at Jordan’s house last night and am going to get him this morning. Make sure the rest of the guys are ready to meet him, and tell Michael not to attempt to cut him open.

-Jack

I sigh. I have to tell Jack to stop going to that beach, he just keeps finding more people, I tell myself. I shove the note into my pocket and open the door to my house.

The Lads are hanging out around the center of Achievement City, talking about something. I notice that Ryan isn’t outside though, so I quickly walk to his house while I wave to the Lads.

Ryan and Jack always wake up first, so I’m sure I’m not waking Ryan up when I knock loudly on his door. After the second or third knock, the door opens.

Ryan stands there, a huge smile on his face. “Geoff!” He says, his smile not faltering. “Do you need something?”

I gulp, noticing that fresh blood is splattered on Ryan’s kilt, and that he is wearing safety glasses. The Mad King? I think to myself, more like The Mad Scientist.

“Um, I have to tell everyone something” I tell Ryan.

“Jordan too?” He asks.

“No” I respond quickly, “Just us Hunters.”

Ryan looks over my shoulder to the logo that serves as the meeting grounds of Achievement City. He stops smiling for a minute. “Where’s Jack?” Ryan questions, “Shouldn’t he be here too?”

I sigh. When did Ryan get so nosy? I ask myself. “Jack’s out doing something,” I answer, “He already knows about this anyways.”

Ryan’s smile returns, and he says, “Okay! I’ll come meet you guys in a minute!” I let out a breath that I didn’t know I was holding. Ryan was making me nervous.

I walk to the center of Achievement City to see that The Lads are still talking. “Group meeting!” I shout, which grabs their attention.

They all walk over just as Ryan comes out of his house. He took off his glasses and cleaned his kilt to some extent.

I clear my throat and begin to speak when everyone comes to stand in front of me. “Okay,” I say, “You may notice that Jack isn’t here,” I begin, which makes everyone nod, “That is because he apparently found another person on the beach.” Everyone’s eyebrows raise, and I see a scowl form on Michael’s face.

“He left this person at Jordan’s new house and has gone to retrieve him this morning,” I explain. “So please, when Jack gets back with this guy, try to act like normal Minecraftians” I look at the people standing around me, and sigh again for what seems like the thousandth time this morning. “Or at least try to.” I say, giving Michael a ‘Don’t try to fucking kill this one’ glance.

Then, as if on cue, Jack comes striding into Achievement City, with Jordan and the new guy in tow. This guy is wearing a black shirt and blue pants which are both partially covered by a white apron that is stained with blood.  His hair is dark brownish and he has a thick beard that is also that color. His beard actually looks similar to Jack’s to be honest. I also notice that his hands seem permanently stained with blood as well.

I see Michael turn his head away from the three and mutter something under his breath, but I ignore it. All the others and I, except Michael, walk towards Jack, Jordan and this man and introduce ourselves.

“That’s Michael” I say after Gavin, Ray, Ryan and I introduce ourselves, pointing to the man in the bear hoodie.

“Is something wrong?” the man asks, curious.

“No” I say “He’s just got a short temper.”

The guy nods and says “Okay, well you guys can call me Beef, it’s short for VintageBeef.”

We all look at Beef, confused, until Jack said, “His name is Daniel. VintageBeef, or Beef, is his nickname.”

Everyone nodded, and turned when footsteps were suddenly heard. Michael was walking over. Beef smiled, obviously happy that Michael was over whatever was bugging him.

“Hi!” He shouted to Michael, who grumbled something in response.

“Michael, this is Beef,” I said to the short-tempered man, who scoffed.

“What kind of name is that?!” He jeered.

Jack looked at him coldly. Jack wasn’t much for Michael’s anger and the way he insulted everyone, including me and the other Hunters.

“His real name is Daniel” Jack said between gritted teeth. He then went into a glaring contest with Michael. This lasted for at least a couple of minutes before I rolled my eyes and grabbed Jack’s arm.

“C’mon” I told Jack, who was not happy about being dragged away from Michael. “Let’s go take a walk.”

“What about Beef?!” Jack protested angrily.

I stopped and turned towards the group, whose eyes were flickering between Jack and I, and Michael. I analyzed the situation for a minute. VintageBeef knew Jordan the best so far, so I would be better off keeping Beef with him.

“Jordan!” I called, and he quickly looked to me. “Can you bring Beef back to your house? Jack and I will be back in a couple of minutes.” Jordan swiftly nodded, but before he could walk away, Ryan spoke.

“Actually, I wanted to show Beef something. Is that okay?” Ryan asked, his eyes pleading. I thought for a moment. It probably had something to do with Edgar, Ryan’s “pet” cow, because to Ryan, showing a guy named Beef a trapped cow would be funny, so I let it slide.

“Okay, but take Jordan with you” I responded, leading Jack away from the group and into the woods.

The trip was silent until we were deep in the forest. I decided to speak then. “I thought you said you got used to Michael.” I stated, which made Jack shrug.

“I thought so too” he replied, his voice level and calm again. “I guess I just couldn’t take him ridiculing and trying to hurt people he didn’t even know.”

I nodded. This was reasonable, and Jack certainly made a good point. “Just try not to argue with him” I tell Jack, who nods his head vigorously. The last time Jack and Michael got into a major fight, we nearly had to sew Jack’s arm back on.

We walked through a particularly dense part of the forest, pushing noisily through the underbrush. That was when I decided to look up, and saw a man dressed entirely in black hurtling towards me, diamond sword in hand.