Chapter_48.TheAmbush/ahvmht

//Search.AlertAlarm.#206649

Subject Found: Pattillo, Jack.

//Display.ArchivedData.#010

Data Found. Point of view created.

We all crowded back together when we realized we were stuck in the entrance hall of the lab.

The fifteen of us stood back to back in the center of the room, creating a miniature circle that allowed the entire room to be surveyed.

Everything was quiet for a bit, besides what I could barely hear to be a soft alarm, until a few minutes later.

Suddenly, panels of the walls began to slide away, revealing hidden tunnels. From these tunnels, various monsters emerged, all of them being types us Achievement Hunters had seen at one point or another during our time on the island. Due to this, we all shared just a bit of confidence, as we knew what we were up against. The others didn't seem extremely frightened either, though, whether they had spent time with us in Achievement City or not. Perhaps Guude had spoke of these creatures?

Before I had the chance to ask, though, the monsters was charging at us. I was only able to shout a warning of: "Don't let them touch you!" which received some nods of acknowledgement, before  we were all scrambling to protect ourselves, weapons at the ready. Knowing that I could not be easily hurt by these creatures, I took up an offensive strategy, taking out as many as possible in a short span of time. Everyone else with melee weapons were being very careful with their attacks, and the ranged weapon wielders were all huddled in the middle of the room, picking their shots.

The only one throwing caution to the wind was Gavin, which didn't surprise me, though it did worry me a bit. He was taking out monsters by launching his spear through their heads, and using its sonic boom ability to launch back creatures that ventured too close.

As I flung of fireball of darkness from my axe into a skeleton and then proceeded to cut off the head of a creeper, I ceased watching Gavin for a moment. I turned my attention to the others and what I was doing, spying projectiles soaring through the air, and Jordan stabbing his broadsword through the head of an enderman.

Before I could check up on the companions on the other side of my vision, though, I caught sight of a creeper sneaking up behind Gavin, one he didn't see himself.

Before I could call out the danger to him, though, it was already too late.

The beast exploded and launched my fellow Achievement Hunter through the air and into the wall.

The sound of a sharp crack echoed throughout the room as Gavin struck said wall, more or less capturing the attention of all the Minecraftians in the room.