Chapter_4.UnchartedTerritory?/capspk

//Search.AlertAlarm.#102958

Subject Found: Maron, Jordan. Alias: “CaptainSparklez”

//Display.ArchivedData.#002

Data Found. Point of view created.

It’s been two years since I set out on my journey. I’ve only come across settled land once, and when I did some guy dressed up as a Native American, complete with the feathered headdress, came and chased me out. He was shouting and cursing and had really good aim with a bow. He nearly shot my head off.

So, after traveling for two years on land, I’ve decided to travel by sea. I’ve made my way back to the Shining Armada Territory, as I refuse to call it Sundris, and am going to steal a boat.

It takes me about a day to make it to the docks, and thankfully by the time I get there it is night. I hide in the shadows, as light shines from the street lamps that cover the docks. I see a small boat on the west end and creep towards it.

I make it to the boat and pack it with my stuff, which is pretty much just my backpack and the rope the boat was tied to the dock with. I then quickly jump in and begin to paddle away, hoping nobody saw me.

I had been in the boat for two days, with no land in sight. When I got tired of paddling, I would sometimes fish, partly because I was exhausted and bored, and partly because I really didn’t want to run out of food. The fishing wasn’t terrible, and I really don’t mind the taste of seafood.

It was my third day in the boat and I already saw land up ahead. It was a medium sized island that seemed uninhabited.

The next morning I found that I fell asleep too long on the boat and it crashed into the island. I awake in the wreckage and find a strange sight. A man is sitting about thirty or forty feet away from me, gazing into the ocean. There are buckets of sand all around him and an iron shovel is stuck in the sand beside him.

I decide to get up and dust myself off of sand. I then pick up my backpack and begin to walk toward the man. I notice that he is wearing a Minecart Biker outfit. I wonder if this island, which I didn’t even know existed, has its own league. Minecart Biking is when people drive minecarts through dangerous obstacle courses. It’s very perilous, but awesome to watch.

I am nearly beside the guy when he mumbles something. It sounded like, “I swear to Notch, Gavin, if you’re here to dump cold ocean water on me one more time I will-“

He turns to face me, and I see that he has a biker helmet on too. “Who the hell are you!?” He shouts.

“Hi. My name is-“ I begin, but he quickly cuts me off.

“I don’t know where the hell you came from but you shouldn’t be here and you need to leave. NOW.”

“Hey dude, it’s okay. Just calm down.” The guy sighs. I sit down next to him and he makes no move to do anything, he just kind of ignores me.

“So” the man says in a calmer voice, “how’d you get here anyway?”

“My boat crashed” I respond. He sighs again, this time it’s a disappointed kind of sigh.

“What’s your name?” He asks.

“Capt-“ I begin to answer with my nickname, but stop myself. “Jordan” I say.

“Jack” He replies. He takes off his helmet. He’s older than me by at least nine or ten years. He has gingery hair that is surprisingly well groomed and a thick beard of the same color.

“How long have you lived on this island?” I ask Jack.

He thinks for a moment then says, “Around two years.”

He must have come here around the same time that I first left the Shining Armada Territory. I think to myself. “What’s up with all the sand?” I ask.

“Me and the five other people who live here play games every few days that we call ‘Let’s Plays’, we need a lot of glass for this new Let’s Play, so I came here to get some sand to smelt.” Jack answers.

Let’s Play…The words stick in my thoughts Where have I heard that before? The two words seem so important, as if they mean a lot to me. Perhaps I had something to do with Let’s Plays in a past life. I shrug off these thoughts. I can wonder about it later.

“So why are YOU here?” I question. Jack explains how he and his friends got to the island, and why they came here. I then explain my journey. Next I ask about his friends, the people who live here with him. He sighs; it’s obviously a long story.

I’ve been talking with Jack for at least an hour, and he’s a pretty cool dude. He’s talking about the one person he knew for a very long time before coming to the island, a guy named Ryan.

“Ryan is very quiet but a little insane. I decided to ask Geoff if I could bring him here to see if-“ I start to hear shuffling. Seeing my worried expression, Jack stops talking. He listens for a moment, then smiles. “Speak of the devil!” He shouts, and I see a figure come into view. He looks exactly like the Ryan guy that Jack described.

As Ryan begins to walk over, I look at Jack, surprised. “How did you know it was him!?” I question.

He chuckles. “After living here with only five other people for around two years, you learn a lot about who you’re with. Even how it sounds when they walk.”

  Ryan is beside us now. He stares at me for a moment. “Should I know this person, Jack?” He asks. Jack chuckles again.

“No Ryan” He responds. “His boat crashed a little while ago and we were just talking.” Ryan sighs like Jack did when I told him about the crashing of the boat, that disappointed kind of sigh. He sits down on the other side of Jack.

“But I thought the Tower of-“ Ryan begins but Jack cuts him off.

“Yeah, I know. We’ll bring it up with Geoff later.” Ryan nods. Me, Jack and Ryan talk for a bit longer, Jack and I doing most of the talking, with Ryan butting in every now and then.

Suddenly, Jack looks up. “The sun will be setting soon.” He says, I could hear a bit of fear in his voice. “You should come with us to Achievement City.”

“But you didn’t even tell me about-“ I start to say but Jack talks over me.

“I know that even though we talked for a long time that I didn’t tell you about a lot of stuff” He stands up, with Ryan beside him, and begins to tap his foot impatiently…Or is it out of fear? “I swear I will tell you the rest in the morning. Now c'mon!” He picks up the shovel and buckets of sand and begins to run with Ryan at his side. Not seeing another option, I start to run after them.