It Was Still A Kiss Though

~Clare's P.O.V~

Again, we get closer and closer, I can practicaly taste his minty breath even though our lips aren't touching. he starts then leaning for my ear, and softly whispers, "Forgive me" I then giggle, and respond, "okay." His lips wander down to my neck and start to....

My eyes flutter open, why do I keep having that one similar dream? It's a Monday, great. I fling my legs out from under my sheets and hop out of bed. Maybe I could just ditch school. Then I realize my only reason for ditching school would be Luke. Somehow I don't think they make passes for that. 

I slowly put on some jeans and a sweatshirt, throwing my hair in a high ponytail. I walk out the door, deciding what I should do on my long walk to school. I have this small feeling in the pitt of stomach that I am not welcome at the moment to carpool with the Brooks'. Oh! I know! Maybe I can call my dad!

I dial the number, and only after a few rings, a raspy voice picks up. "Hello?"

"Dad? Is that you?" I ask nervously, I feel kinda guilty, it's been a while since I talked to him. 

"Yes, Hi Clare. How are you?" He asks, he sounds as if he was in pain. 

"I'm fine, you know school, isn't the best thing to be doing." I joke, my dad chuckles. "I miss you daddy." I blurt out. I usually don't call him daddy, but right now I just really need my dad.

"Aw. Little bear. I miss you too. Maybe you can come visit soon." He says.

"But I want to see you now." I mumble. "how's the treatment?" I ask. 

My dad groans on the phone, "It's a bit painful. They are actually about to do a procedure where they can  see if they can do anything to help.." 

"Is it dangerous?"

"No way," My dad says cheerfully.

"Good, well I am approaching school. I will talk to you later. Love you daddy." 

I can feel my dad smiling on the other end. "I love you too" and with that, we both hung up. 

I walk slowly into school, everyone turns to look at me, occasionally someone would say they are sorry for me. I just ignore them. I don't need anyone's sympathy. Then, I see Kaitlin standing at the side of the hall way.

"Hey," I say, walking over to her. Kaitlin turns to me, "What?"

"He is still not getting out of bed.." Kaitlin says, it takes me a bit to get what she is saying. Luke still isn't getting out of bed. "Clare, He hasn't eaten in 3 days now. Aren't you worried about him?" The answer is yes, but I don't want to seem like I forgive him. Because I don't. Maybe I should just go over there and get him to eat. 

"I don't know, I mean.." I start but, I notice Kaitlin's focus is somewhere else. I look behind me to see Amber walking down the hallway, a smirk on her face. "Oh...I think I just got the flu." I say turning back to Kaitlin. "I better go..." I start walking off, avoiding Amber's eye contact. 

"How is your perfect relationship with Luke now?" I was just going to ignore all her comments, but this one puzzled me. I turn around looking at her. "That's what I thought." She says, walking away with a sense of fake pride. 

I decide to let it go and keep leaving. Instead of going straight home, I head for Luke's house. I don't want him dead because of me. I walk right in, knowing Luke was probably alone because Beau has a job. "Luke?" I whisper just in case. I then see a lifeless body, laying on the couch. wearing the same clothes he was wearing, or not wearing when it comes to a shirt, when he came to house just yesterday. He was staring at a picture. As I get closer I see it is of picture of Luke and I from when we were at IHOP the first day we were dating. "Luke...?" I say softly, trying not to startle him. 

"Unless it's Clare, go away." Luke answers harshly. I have a feeling he has been repeating this everytime someone talks to him.

"Luke, it is Clare." Luke springs up, looking at me. His harsh, rude, eyes soften. "Hi." was all I could get out, I really missed him too. Luke was just sitting there, staring at me, not really sure what to do but just taking in my presence. 

"Clare, I am so sorry, I just, I am so sorr-" Luke starts his merciful beg, I cut him off before I get weak and let him back in my empty heart. 

"Luke, you need to eat." Luke sqenches his nose. 

"If you are only here because my brother told you that you needed to, then you can leave." He says, obviously upset. I sigh, putting a hand on his shoulder. 

"No. Luke I came because I am not going to let someone I really care about starve because of me." Luke begins forming a small smile on his face. I stand up, about to make him some soup, when two hands pull me back down to the couch by Luke. 

"It was amber, I swear." Luke starts, I groan.

"Luke, come-" Luke cuts me off.

"No. I need to say this, and you need to hear this. Clare, I was going to get the two funnel cakes, I even got them. And she came up to me, and we were just talking. She just kept talking, After a bit we heard your footsteps, I was about to walk off when she pushed me against that wall, kissing me. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do.  You yelled my name right after that. It wasn't even that long of a kiss."

"It was still a kiss though, Luke."  Luke nods, looking at the ground. 

"just...please. Think about forgiving me?" Luke pleads. "This is torture." He says, gesturing to the house. But really he means me. 

 Not really sure how to respond to that, I just peck his cheek, and say "Maybe." This answer seems to make Luke content though.

"Was that still a kiss?" Luke asks, Cheekily.

I giggle, "Come on, eat," I say, pointing to the kitchen. 

My phone starts ringing, I look at it to see it is a long distance number, a number that i don't recognize though., "I will be right back." I say, walking out of the room to take the odd, out of context phone call...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHOOOOO. In honor of 100,000 reads! YAY! Keep commenting though guys. The more comments and votes I get the sooner I update. If that helps motivate you any. If it doesn't...right on brother. heh. nothing really to say. Love you guys though. some of your comments are so cute!<3

~Clare