Chapter Eight

“Oh. My. God. Shut. Up.” Kaitlin said, Jai's heart shatters. 

Kaitlin grabs the back of Jai's neck and smashes her lips on his. The kiss was passionate, but at the same time gentle, Jai closes his eyes, never wanting it to end. Kaitlin slowly pulls away, "you talk too much." She teases, Jai quickly rejoins their lips, wrapping his arms around her waist. 

“Forget Arianna Grande, Kaitlin will you be my girlfriend?” Jai asks, hope in his eye.

“Of course, Jai!” Kaitlin joked. Jai lets out a sigh of relief and they both lean in for another kiss. Just as  their lips touched the door flung open.

“GOTCHA. YOU GUYS ARE...woah, kissing?” Luke observes, confused. 

“what!?” Claire walks up to the shed, sees Jai and Kaitlin together, and pulls Luke away, “you guys are it….how about you guys count in here? Okay?” She slowly closes the shed door and pulls Luke away. As soon as door shuts Kaitlin and Jai giggle, while starting to count.

“What the hell?” Luke asks, still trying to process what he just saw. 

“Come on! You can’t say you didn’t expect it sometime soon!” Claire replies, slightly smiling.  

“Well yeah," Luke mumbles, crossing his arms, "but that was fast.” 

Claire tries to change the subject, “Where should we hide?” She asks. Luke shrugs and he and Claire sit down on the edge of a fountain. Smirking, Claire lightly shoves Luke into the water of the fountain, which makes her laugh really hard. 

“Oh, I see. You think that’s funny?” Luke asks, as he starts ot chase after Claire. 

Claire screams as he gets closer and closer, “no it’s not funny! Not funny at all!” She pleads. 

“No it’s too late now, I saw you laugh. You like laughing don't you?” A sly smirk finds its's way on Luke's face as he says this. Claire's eyes widen when se she realizes what he is about to do, but before she could get away Luke has already caught her. Claire falls to the ground being tickled, unable to stop giggling.

“You're laugh is so cute,” Luke admits, chuckling himself.

“Okay! Okay! Stop!” Claire begs, fidgiting around. 

“I did, but you kept laughing.” Luke says.

Claire blushes, and realizes Luke isn't tickling her anymore, she sits up. Luke stands up, and then helps Claire get up off the ground. They sit on the edge of the fountain again, smiling. Luke looks over and lightly shoves Claire, making her fall in to the water. 

"Sorry I couldn''t help myself." Luke shrugs, Claire grabs on to his arm and pulls him in, giggling. 

“Splash war!” She yells, and they start splashing water at each other frantically. They both stop splashing and start laughing. Claire looks over, and see's Kaitlin and Jai on their way to find Claire and Luke, "We'd better go meet up with them." Claire suggests. She tries to stand up, and slips, falling right on top of Luke. "Oh, sorry." She flushes. 

Their faces were only a few inches apart, and butterflies were fillling Claire's stomach.

Luke tucks her light brown bangs behind her ear, looking into her eyes, and slowly, he leaned in. Claire intantly flung her head back away from Luke.

“Yeah, like I said. we should really go catch up with Jai and Kaitlin” Claire insists, giving a half smile and awkwardly half-jogging away from Luke.

“FUCK” Luke whisper-yelled. "I should have known she didn’t like me. Now I just messed everything up." He trudged over to Claire and the others, pretending everything was okay, but in his eyes, it wasn’t, he didn’t have Claire.

Vote Comment Fan | I love you.