Chapter Ten

Jai wakes up to Kaitlin poking him in the cheek, “Good morning beautiful!” He mumbles, groggily with a little smile.  

“it is not morning! It's afternoon!” Kaitlin corrects, giggling.

“Claire? You still aren't awake?!” Claire's mom yells from downstairs, as she starts stomping up the stairs. Jai instantly hops up and tries to wake up Luke. 

“Hmmm...what?” Luke dreamily sighs, slowly waking up, “Jai? What do you want?” Luke sounded annoyed.

“Claire’s mom is coming!” He whispers quickly. Luke's eyes widen and he  jumps up and starts scribbling something down on a piece of paper, putting it next to Claire. Grabbing Jai's arm, he pulls him out the door, and Luke and Jai make it out before Claire's mom comes in. 

As Luke and Jai walk home, Jai asked, smirking, “So, you and Claire huh?”I nudge Luke, smirking.

“No, nothing happened, we just both fell asleep…with each other…” Luke responds, smiling at how nice it sounds. “But yesterday we we're messing around and Claire and I were in the fountain and well, we both stopped what we were about to, well, kiss. and she got weird and ran off.” Luke confesses, embarrassed.

“Maybe she just didn't want to kiss you.” Jai offers, “but if it makes you feel better I don’t think Claire will take anybody she just met, Kaitlin said she has a bit of trust issues, I don't know.”

“She doesn’t trust me?” Luke questions, heartbroken. Jai shrugs, and Luke shoves his hands in his pockets, trying to figure out what he can do to warn her trust.

-.

”Claire! Wake up!" Kaitlin screams shaking Claire so hard she falls off the bed.

“oowww” Claire sits up on the ground, rubbing her head. She looks around, noticing Luke and Jai weren't  here,  “where did they go?” she asks. 

“Your mom came in about 5 minutes ago, don’t worry! They were out the house before that.” Kaitlin explains as Claire sighs with relief. Then, Kaitlin notices the piece of paper by Claire's pillow, "Hey! What's that?!” Kaitlin smirks, Claire picks up the letter and reads it aloud. 

Dear Claire,

Your mum is coming so we have to go. Call me! We have to go see spiderman today! You promised! I hope you are okay now, and that nightmare is far away from that pretty little brain of yours. 

Love,

Lukey<3

“He totally likes you, you guys could be a little less obvious you know.” Claire giggles, playfully shoving Kaitlin, “Nightmare? What does he mean by nightmare? When did you have a nightmare?”

Claire sighs, 'maybe telling someone will make me feel better', Claire thinks, 'and I trust Kaitlin.' “Okay, when I was 15 …” Claire begins the story. 

Vote Comment Fan. | I love you.