Chapter Twelve

“Well, I guess it's just you and me then.” Luke concurrs, smiling down at Claire. Hesitantly, Luke squeezes Claire's hand, turning her cheeks a pink tint. “You are cute when you blush” Claire blushes even harder and looks away, making Luke chuckle. 

Neither of them say anything for a while, not really an awkward silence, just silence. Luke kept thinking about how he was going to prove to Claire that she can trust him.

“How much farther is the ice cream shop?” Claire whined, “my feet hurt” Luke intertwines his fingers with Claire's.

“Not much longer.”  He smiles, then they hear screaming and feet pounding against the sidewalk. Uh-oh.

“LUKE? OH MY GOD. LUKE BROOKS. IT'S REALLY HIM” Fans. Luke thinks immedietly, he doesn't get very many fans come up to him on a regular basis, but it does happen.

“What the hell?” Clare questions, “Why are they freaking out? Are you famous or something!?” Clare says jokingly.

“Or something.” Luke answers, Claire nervously holding on to Luke's hand tighter.

“LUKE! I KNEW IT WAS YOU!” The fans yell getting closer, it wasn’t very many, 5 maybe 6. 

“Don’t worry” Luke comforts, smiling at her.The fan finally reaches them and asks for a picture or  autograph.  Claire steps to the side of the small crowd, Luke was going to stop her, but the fans made it pretty hard.

“Who is that gir?” One girl says to Luke.

“That’s Claire” Luke says fondly.

“Is she your girlfriend?” Luke smiles and shakes his head.

The girl raises an eyebrow.“Do you want her to be?” She asks.

Luke blinks at her. “Ummm” he tries to respond, The girl laughs, shaking her head. When everyone was done taking pitures,  Luke makes his way back over to Claire.

“You guys are cute!” The fans exclaim, Luke almost forgot they were here, “Can we get a picture of you two?” three of them said in unison, Luke nods, while Claire shakes her head.

“No! Luke, I look awful!” Claire whispers up to him, flattening down her hair.

“Don’t even say that, you look great!” Luke insists, knowing it will make her blush, and sure enough. Claire blushes looking to the ground while Luke is trying to get a glimpse of her blush. Just then, they hear a click of a camera.

“Alright fine. Just a few though.” Clare spoke up, putting her arm around Luke's waist, she smiles. Luke carelessly threw his arm around her shoulder smiling too. After a bunch of clicks went off Clare whispers in Luke's ear, “So, you actually…are…famous?" Luke shakes his head.

“nah we have fans though” He whisper back in her ear, she giggles. “Alright guys! I think that’s enough. Claire and I have some where to be.” Luke starts, “It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Thanks so much for your support, Bye guys” Luke and Claire walk off, Luke's arm over her shoulder.

“AH! I SEE IT!” Clare screams pushing Luke's arm off her, she runs inside the Baskin Robins.

Vote Comment Fan | I love you.