Chapter Fifteen

As Claire wakes up to ther alarm she yawns and gets dressed in sweatpants and a tee shirt with the rolling stones on it. ‘What am I even doing up? I’m still tired’  She thought, ‘oh right. Luke.’ 

She slips on some sneakers and brushes her  hair before leaving. As she started walking to Luke’s house, she gets an idea on what she should do. Claire grabs her phone out of her pocket, punches the numbers in and waits for an answer, the call goes straight to voicemail. "Gee, thanks dad." She mutters, sliding her phone back in her pocket. 

Claire walks up to the Brooks' house door and knock. “Who is it?" Skip calls from inside.

"Just open the door!" Claire replies, half serious, half joking.

The door opens right away, Claire smiles at Jai who opened the door. “Where is Luke? And where is your sugarplum?” Claire asks, while Jai smiles and blushes. She pushes her way past Jai and heads upstairs to look for them. When she gets to the top of the stairs she sees both of them on the couch, Luke looking a bit tense and angry. “Hey guys!”Claire greets, sitting in the middle of them.

Kaitlin tries to smile, “Oh hey Claire!” she says.  

Luke is still tense, and is staring at Claire, deep in thought. “Luke?”Claire asks, waving a hand in front of his face. He snaps out of it.

“Hey,” Luke says fake smiling.

“You okay?”

“Just peachy.” Luke stands, taking Claire's  hand and leading her down the stairs.

--

“So who wants to do something?”  Beau says coming in through the front door. Everyone in the room looks to Beau, with a bored expression, “I was thinking 3- step door knocking” Jai jumps up, pulling Kaitlin along with him, out to Beau's car. Follwed by Beau and Skip and Claire and Luke.

When Claire gets to the car there isn't any seats left, she sighs. 

“Kaitlin, sit on Jai’s lap.” Claire began, Kaitlin gives a snooty look.

“No thank you. I got here first. Why don't you sit in Luke's lap?” She asks, making Claire's face flush. Luke reaches his hand out, helping Claire up. She hesitantly sits on top of Luke. 

“But what about seat belts?!” Claire exclaims. Luke wraps his arm around Claire's waist tightly, but more secure than uncomfortable.

“I’ll be you’re seatbelt," Luke whispers in her ear. sending chills down Claire's spine.

"You're welcome." Kaitlin leans over and whispers to Luke. He smiles, nodding his head a Kaitlin.

Finally they got to the block where we were going to do the challenge. Claire was so excited she nearly jumped out of the car while it was still moving. Luke only chuckled, “Be careful Claire, we wouldn’t want me having to save you again, now would we?” Luke jokes.

“Who says we wouldn’t?” Claire retorts, winking at Luke, earning a really obvious, horrible wink back. 'This boy was too cute, it’s not even fair' She thought, not for the first time. Claire wanted to run over to him and hug him tight, but instead she just giggled and slid out of the car. 

Vote Comemnt Fan | I Love you.