Chapter Eleven

“When I was 15 …” Claire begins the story.

Claire has a small smile on her face as she ends the terrible story, it felt good to that off her chest.

"after that it's just been hard to trust, anyone I guess, I don't know.” Claire finishes, Kaitlin is watching Claire, with sympathy clear across her face, Clarie adds, "and now I dream about it almost every night.”

“are you going to tell Luke?” Kaitlin asks, quietly.

"no." Claire answers, a tone of bitterness in her voice, “He will get all worried about me, and I can handle myself.”

“well, maybe him worrying about you is a good thing.” Kaitlin suggests.

“If he is going to know, he has to figure it out himself.” Claire concludes, crossing her arms. As Kaitlin sits in the room awkwardly, trying to think of a different topic to talk about, Claire's phone starts ringing

Claire picks up the phone, "Hello?" She asks.

"Claire! how are you?" 

"I'm fine Luke, I swear." Claire answers, her voice sounding a little bored.

"how about that movie today?" Luke asks, "You promised!" He adds on quickly.

"I would love to!"

"great, we will come get you around two?"

"perfect, I’ll be ready!" Claire smiles. 

"Okay beautiful, bye"

Claire presses the end button and sighs a girly little sigh. After about 15 minutes of looking she picks out her tank top with the triangle pattern all over it and her jean shorts, paired with sneakers. She heads to the bathroom to fix her hair.

Kaitlin picks out her multi-colored tribal shirt and black shorts, worn with her white vans. Just as the finished getting ready they saw Luke and Jai outside on the balcony. Claire starts to giggle, “You do know you can come in through the front door sometimes.”

“I am a bit scared of your mom” Luke says half joking, half serious. She laughs and goes over to Luke and hugs him tight.

"She's not here," Claire softly whispers in his ear, sending chills down his back.

“I didn't get a hug!” Jai screams out, Kaitlin immediately whacks him.

“Don’t interrupt the lovebirds!” Kaitlin instructs Jai. Claire and Luke start blushing a deep red, both of them looking at their feet.

“So, we should go?” Jai speaks up, they all nod

We head out the door and all start walking towards the movie theatre, after a while of walking Luke softly grabs Claire's hand.

“Can we talk?” He whispered, it was obvious he had been thinking for the last few minutes, Claire nodded, Luke looked around trying to think of what he was going to say. “I've just been wondering, em, what was your dream about?” He asks quietly, and slowly. Claire shakes her head, not wanting to say anything. Luke nods, “Okay, but whatever it is, if you ever wake up from that dream again, call me. I don’t care what time it is.”

“I will Luke.” Claire answers, giving a weak smile, 'Last night, when I was in Luke’s firm grasp, it actually felt like it was just a dream. Not reality.' Claire thinks.

Then an unfamiliar car drives up beside them with Beau half-hanging out the window, “Kids! Want some candy!?” Beau yells, holding a pack of gum out the window.

“Yes!" Claire exclaims, running up to the car, Luke right behind her. “Did you want to come to the movies with us?” she politely asks Beau.

“No, it’s okay. I’m going to hang out with Daniel.” Beau answers sweetly, “but I can give you guys a lift”

“Please! I'm tired of walking” Claire says, They all climbed into the car, after about ten minutes in the car, they arrived. “Thanks Beau!” Claire hollers, running out of the car before it had completely stopped.

“CLAIRE” Luke yelled running up behind her.

Claire turns around to Look at Luke, and just as she was about to keep walking, she saw an eighteen wheeler speed by. "Where did that come from!?" She whispered.

“Better be careful little lady!” Luke jokes, “In fact I better just hold on to you, to make sure you don’t go running out into streets again” Luke scoops Claire up in his arms, and smiles at her. 

“Okay! I won't run into streets! Put me down!" Claire giggles.

“Let me think about it, no.” Luke grins.

“Whoop-di-do” Claire enthuses, sarcastically. Luke sets Claire down and puts his arm around her.

We get inside the movie theatre, “4 tickets to Spiderman please?” Luke asks, he looks over at me making sure that everything was okay, Claire smiles up at Luke. This boy was perfect, he pulled off his snapback and ruffled his hair, putting it back on.

“Oh, some of your hair is sticking straight out of your hat," Claire bends him over so she can fix it. “Okay, perfect!” He stands back up posing for me.

“How does it look?”  Luke asks.

"You should wear snap backs more often, you look really cute in them” Claire shyly smiles.

Luke just smiles, “cute?” he mocks, smirking. Claire slightly nods, “well then, I always want Clare thinking I look cute.” Claire just giggles, Jai and Kaitlin finally catch up. 

Just as they were about to walk up, the lady behind the ticket booth speaks up, "You two are really cute together." She smiles, pointing at Luke and Claire. 

"I know right?" Kaitlin answers, as Claire turns blood red.

"We aren't, uh, dating." Luke answers, a faint smile creeping up on his face. 

"For now." The ticket lady turns to the people next in line greeting them. 

The group heads into the theatre to take their seats, as they sit down, Kaitlin and Jai start being lovey and gushy. "Bleh." Luke gags, sticking out his tongue. Claire nods, giggling. As the movie starts Claire rests her  head on Luke's shoulder.

In the middle of the movie we meet the police officer, that happens to be Emma Stone’s characters dad. “I bet you he is going to die in the end.” Claire whispers in Luke's ear.

“hm, you’re on. Bet what?” Luke asks.

“Ice cream!” Claire smiles.

The big lizard guy shows up out of no where, making Claire jump remarkable high. Luke silently chuckles and lifts up the arm rest in-between them and pulls her close to him, resting his arm around her. Claire looks up at him and notices he was already staring at her, he blushes and look back toward the screen.

In the end, sure enough that police officer died. “I called it.” Claire triumphantly grins.

“I lost!” Luke says, as they walk out of the movie theatre, “I guess I have to take you out for ice-cream then beautiful” Luke notes, although he seemed pretty happy about it.  “Do you want to come?" Luke inquires, nodding towards Jai, who shakes his head, walking off with Kaitlin. 

Comment Vote and Fan | I love you.