Chapter 70

Rose opened the door to Mercedes' room and crossed to set a tray on her side table before sitting on her bed. Like Marcy, she began singing her awake.

Mercedes peeled her eyes open. "Momma?"

"Good morning, baby." Rose kissed her cheeks, making Mercedes giggle. "It's your wedding day."

Mercedes smiled and sat up. "What about the boys?"

"Jeanette and Judy have them." Rose interrupted.

Mercedes breathed deeply. "Okay. Eek! I'm getting married today!"

"You sure are! Now get up and eat before you brush your teeth and shower. Natalia will be here soon and we have a lot to do."

Mercedes looked at her nightstand and saw the meal prepared; hot chocolate and toast with Nutella and strawberry jam. It was what she used to get on her birthday every year.

"I'm going to go make sure everything is taken care of." Rose got up and kissed her daughter's forehead before leaving.

Mercedes ate the toast quickly enough but savored the chocolate while embracing the butterflies in her stomach. She was getting married today!

When she finished, she left her bed (after making it) and went to the bathroom to shower. She washed her face with soap and brushed her teeth first. Once with a deep cleaning toothpaste then a whitening one followed by baking soda and flossing before using mouthwash.

Then she washed her face with her special facial wash while running the shower and singing.

When the water was warm, she stepped under the stream and rinsed her face carefully. Then she washed her body with an oatmeal scrub followed by her favorite silky peach body wash that she saved for special occasions.

When she finished, she wrapped a towel around herself and left the shower. Natalia was waiting for her. "Ah! Nat!"

Natalia smiled. "Sorry, Cuz. I just liked hearing your voice."

Mercedes hugged her. "Thank you!"

"You're wet!" Natalia screamed with laughter.

"And now you are, too!"

Natalia laughed. "I have a sweatsuit ready for you on your bed. Crawl in and we'll go to the spa."

"Is everyone else up?"

"Meaning Mikey?"

"No. Maybe. Yes." Mercedes stuck her lip out.

Natalia grinned. "I don't know about him. Monty and I aren't exactly on walkie-talkies, sharing information."

"Well you should be!"

Natalia laughed. "The girls are up and getting ready. We're really just waiting on you."

"Shouldn't you be?"

"Don't act like Quinn and London."

"Stop talking about our twins!" Mercedes giggled.

"But I have to!" Natalia widened her eyes. "There's something wrong with both of them!"

Mercedes laughed. "Okay, you can talk about them a little."

"Thank you."

"Is Leonardo still coming?"

"Yes, he is. I woke him up before I left and he's getting ready as we speak."

"Why's he getting ready so early? The wedding doesn't start for hours."

"Because he's a man. He's going to put it off for as long as he can then rush to get ready at the last minute."