Chapter 27

Mercedes washed her mouth out. That was really weird. As she was getting ready, she felt really nauseated and threw up. Luckily she was in the bathroom but it was so strange.

She finished washing the taste of mouthwash out of her mouth before drying her face and going to her closet to dress. She was dressing in layers that she could simply strip off once they got to Buenos Aires.

After she finished getting dressed, she gathered her luggage and went to put a note on Santana's door and the mirror in the bathroom. Quinn came from her room at that time and hugged her.

"Hi, Sissy! I can't wait to lie on the beach and work on my tan!"

Mercedes smiled. "Don't squeeze too hard."

Quinn grinned. "Of course not! We don't want to hurt my adorable nieces or nephews!"

"It could be one of each like the twins."

Quinn's eyes widened. "We can't even call them the twins anymore. They're not the only ones."

Mercedes was gobsmacked. "I guess not!"

"We've got to come up with a new name for them. Come on."

The two made their way downstairs and outside their condo. The others were waiting on them and upon seeing them, said hello.

Mercedes went straight to Mike for him to kiss her. "Good morning."

"Good morning." He kissed her as he rubbed her belly. "How'd you sleep?"

"Ugh! Don't do that!" She stilled his hand as bile rose in her throat. "I feel nauseous."

"Maybe you should eat something?" Quinn suggested. "You could be hungry. The twins need to eat."

"It might be morning sickness." Marcy pointed out. "You should be getting it soon."

Mercedes pouted. "Are you serious?! I just threw up. What do I have to look for?"

"It's kinda grainy and beige. Liquidy. It'll hit more than once and maybe all day."

"All day?!"

"Yeah." Quinn stuck her bottom lip out in sympathy. "It'll get you. I was throwing up at random times of day."

"So not fair."

"Wait until you smell something." Marcy smirked.

"No!"

"Can I say I'm sorry now?" Mike grimaced.

"Ugh!" Mercedes sulked.

"I'm never getting pregnant." Karou swore.

"Are you sure?" Yuria, who Marcy and Karou convinced to come along on vacation, asked.

"Throwing up all day? Yeah, I'm sure."

Horns honked outside.

"The taxis." Marcy pointed to the door.

"Okay, let's go!" Quinn picked up a sleepy twin. "I can't wait to get this vacation started!"

"We have to get Jude. We'll see you at the airport." Marcy said.

"Okay. I'm glad he's coming. He's so sweet."

"He is." Marcy gathered their bags and began walking to the door.

"Does he have a girlfriend yet?" Mercedes asked as she followed.

"He's had a few but nothing serious. He's alone right now."

"Why are you trying to set him up?" Mal asked. "Maybe he wants to be alone?"