Chapter 42

Mercedes screamed long and loud.

"Mercy!" Laura, Marc, Marcy and Mal snapped.

Riley and Quad began crying.

"Sorry!" Even Mercedes' apology was loud. She tried to contain her happiness but she screamed again.

Mike kissed her before their siblings decided to jump on her. Her loud squeals finally silenced and he moved his mouth. "Will you use your inside voice?"

"Uhm hmm." She nodded with wide innocent eyes.

"Good. Now talk to Laura like a big girl." He pushed her in the blonde's direction.

"Hi." Mercedes tried to be good.

"Mercy." Laura's lips twisted.

"You have a ring."

"I do."

"And it's from Marc?"

"Yes, it is."

"Is it your push present like Mal's ring to Marcy?"

"That wasn't a push present." Mal frowned.

"Oh yeah. It was a birthday gift."

"It wasn't a birthday gift."

They all looked at him. "Then what was it?"

"An engagement ring."

Mercedes' mouth fell open and Mike hurried to kiss her. He swallowed the loud noises until she calmed down. "You gave her an engagement ring when she was dating someone else?"

"Yes, I did." Mal lifted his chin.

Quinn's mouth formed an "O" before she buttoned her lips.

"That's my boy!" Michael was proud. "Stake your claim!"

Every woman looked at him.

Marcus laughed.

"Not that Evie is a prize." Michael backtracked.

"I'm a total prize." Marcy said.

Michael threw up his hands. "Then why are you looking at me like I said he should keep her barefoot and pregnant?!"

"Wait!" Marc wanted to see some fireworks. "Let's let Mal weigh in. What do you think, Mal?"

"About what?" Mal was confused. "I am going to keep her pregnant. She doesn't have to be barefoot."

"Ooh!" Marc and Mike giggled.

"What?!" The women blinked.

"Malcolm Benjamin Chang Sr.!" Jeanette crossed her arms.

"Mom, I don't need a lecture!" Mal wasn't looking at her anyway.

"Obviously you do!" Rose was livid. "You are not going to have my daughter give you a thousand children and you abandon her again!"

"I'm not-! Ugh!" He grabbed Marcy's hand and pulled her out, shutting the door firmly.

"I want to know about that fight." Quinn was super nosy.

"Quinn, stop it." Laura admonished.

"I cannot believe he said that." Mercedes blinked in shock. "You don't think like that, do you, Mikey?"

Mike's eyes widened and he tried to speak but only spurts and starts came from his mouth.

"What are you saying?!" She faced him fully with her hands on her hips.

"I-!" Mike pressed a hand to his chest before pointing to Marc. "What about him?! Now that he's got Laura, what's to stop him from keeping her pregnant so she won't leave him?!"