Chapter 29

Mercedes opened the door and Mike set her luggage on the ground just inside the door. "Sure you don't want me to take them upstairs?"

"No." She assured him. "I got it."

"You can take mine." Quinn offered.

Mercedes hit her arm. "He's not a pack mule!"

Quinn pouted and sulked.

Mike kissed her cheek. "Call Puck."

"You want me to leave my things down here until he gets back just to avoid picking them up myself?" She twisted her lips. "Okay."

Mike was tickled but he said nothing as Mercedes groaned. "Quinn!"

"It's the least he could do. I've been traveling all day. He should be delighted to see me and do this little thing."

"I don't know what to do about you." Mercedes shook her head.

"Love me." Quinn moved into the apartment and shoved her luggage to the chaise before taking Fluffy from her pet carrier.

Mike hooked his chin at the white kitten. "How's Ozzie going to take her?"

"Ozzie's going to love her." Mercedes sniffed.

"Just like he'll love Harmony?" Quinn nuzzled Fluffy.

"I know he will."

"Okay, I gotta go." Mike didn't want to be privy to this fight. "I'll see you later. Wanna do dinner?"

"You don't have to go to sleep early for rehearsals tomorrow?" Mercedes twisted her fingers up in his coat.

"I'm young." He shrugged.

She smiled. "Come down here and I'll cook. We'll go to bed early."

"Okay!"

"We're going to sleep!"

"I don't wanna do that."

Quinn laughed as Mercedes slapped his chest. "We're going to sleep. You're getting paid to be sharp during your dances."

He wiggled.

"You get on my nerves. Go and unpack."

He kissed her before walking out. "See you, Q."

"Bye, Mikey!" Quinn wiggled her fingers.

Mercedes closed the door behind him and blew out a breath. "I guess we should get started."

"Are you doing laundry?" Quinn ran a hand over Fluffy's eyes.

"Yes. All of my clothes are dirty."

"I don't want to but I should bring my clothes upstairs."

"Come on. Might as well get started. I still have to go get Ozzie from the kennel."

Quinn set Fluffy on her feet and picked up a bag. "Where's Puck when you need him?"

"He's not a bellhop." Mercedes deadpanned.

Quinn smirked. "I guess I'll just have to make multiple trips."

"Yes, you will."

Quinn picked up another bag and hefting both, walked to the staircase with Mercedes on her heels. "You know Grandmom wants to see us ‪tomorrow for brunch‬."

"Yeah, I know. Aunt Marigold thought we were in trouble so she delighted in telling me."

"She's the meanest woman on Earth and we knew Sue Sylvester."