Chapter 43

"Go to sleep." Marcy repeated.

"I can sleep up here!" China yawned.

"You're pregnant, crazy woman! Go to the house and go to sleep!"

"No!"

"Luc!"

Luc Follies sighed. "Babe. I'd really like you to be in a bed."

China patted his cheek. "That's so cute."

"I tried, Marcy." He lifted his shoulders.

"You yellow-bellied, whipped, chickenshit bastard." Marcy narrowed her eyes.

"Marcy!" Rose was so done with her daughter.

"Take your wife before I put a shoe-print on both your asses." Marcy ignored her.

"You can't kick me! I'm pregnant!" China ranted.

"Talk like that and every judge will side with me."

"You're so mean!" China cried.

Marcy pulled her close before taking her by the arms and putting them nose to nose. "Get out."

China hit her before stomping out.

"See you in the morning, Twin!" Laura called out.

"You have a rotten sister!"

"Has she not met P?" Marcy rolled her eyes. "The rest of you can get to steppin, too. I'm sure Laura wants to be able to breathe without inhaling all of you."

"You do not know how to talk to people!" Rose glared.

Marcy pointed towards the door.

"You rotten child! You'll need me one day!"

"I need you today."

"Really?" Rose looked at her with hope.

"I need you to take them with you." Marcy gestured to all of their family.

Rose glared.

"And put the twins down."

Rose sniffed. "That's more like it."

"I want to stay with you." Mal geared up for this fight. Mostly because she hadn't spoken two words to him since she came back.

Marcy just looked at him before turning away.

Marc clapped a hand to his back when he deflated. "Just stay up here. You don't need her permission. Just don't go to sleep first."

"I hate that game!"

"Yeah but it won't be a game. She will kill you."

M&MC

Laura signed her name where she was supposed to then let Marc wheel her to the elevator. They, Quad, Mal, Marcy and Riley rode the lift to the first floor then went out the entrance.

Mal went to get Travis and brought him around. He buckled Riley in while Marcy buckled her new nephew in. Then they let a sore Laura get in.

Marc took the wheelchair back and jumped in while Marcy and Mal fought over which would drive.

Mal won but only because he kissed her and while she was shocked into stillness, he snatched the keys and leapt into the driver's seat and locked the door.

Marcy was not amused and got in the car. She put on her seatbelt in silence.

He took peeks at her during the drive back to the apartments but she said nothing and faced forward. He got them home in one piece and parked in the garage.