Chapter 57

"Daddy!"

Marcus hugged his daughters. "How are you both feeling?"

"I'm so good, Daddy!" Mercedes didn't want to let him go.

"I'm better now that you're here." Marcy held onto him, too.

"Hey, Dad." Marc smirked.

Marcus reached out a hand and Marc clasped it. "How are you adjusting to fatherhood, son?"

"He's a cool dude. He sleeps a lot and makes faces. He's always doing something, even in his sleep. He's going to be amazing."

Marcus loved the pride in his voice. "That's my grandson. How are my other ones?"

"Mally's going to prison." Marcy said straight away. "Either that or a morgue."

Marcus' mouth fell open. "Why would you say that about my grandson?!"

"He keeps trying to kill my baby!"

"What?"

"Every time I turn my back on the little monster, he's trying to dispose of Rye!"

Marcus was stuck for a moment. "Wow..."

"I'm thinking of giving him away..."

"Sweetpea!"

"Both of them!"

"Sweetpea!"

"Actually all of them." Marcy was talking more to herself than her father at the moment.

"What about the ones you're carrying?" Mercedes wondered.

"Oh no. I'm not doing this anymore. I'm getting rid of them as soon as they hatch. Right after my divorce."

"Why after your divorce?" Marc wanted to know.

"Marc?!" Mercedes didn't like this at all. "She's not getting divorced!"

"It'll probably be an annulment." Marcy shrugged. "We weren't married long enough to say anything about."

"Marcy!"

"Sweetpea, you can't get divorced because you keep getting pregnant." Marcus smiled indulgently.

Marcy's eyes dropped and she swallowed. "You're right."

"Where is he anyway? I would think that he and Cupcake would be here."

"Uh... Laura is upstairs. She fell asleep waiting on you guys." Marc answered.

"Mal's probably at work." Marcy put her hands in her back pockets.

"Probably?" Marcus caught that.

"I don't know his schedule."

"You should. Even at our busiest, your mother and I still made sure to touch bases throughout the day."

"Daddy!" Mercedes didn't even know what she was going to say. She could just feel the pain radiating off her sister in waves.

"Are you and Sonny communicating, Princess?" Marcus turned his attention to the daughter that looked the most like him.

"Daddy..." Mercedes pouted.

"Marcus, leave them alone." Rose sighed.

"We have valuable wisdom!" He declared.

"Yeah, yeah."

He side-eyed her. "I'm hungry!"

"I can make lunch."

"Momma, you just got off a plane." Marcy shook her head. "You go lie down. I'll make something."