Chapter 46

Mercedes yawned as she made breakfast. It was her first day of rest in two weeks. The fortnight had been filled with late night study sessions to prepare for finals on top of working and helping her family take care of Riley and the twins.

She was really burned out and was glad the school year was over. She didn't know how she was going to survive the next year. But that was a worry for then. Right now she had to make sure she didn't burn the eggs.

Her phone rang and she picked it up without looking. "Hello?"

"I didn't even flirt with him!"

"Hey, Nat." Mercedes sighed.

"Hi. Can you believe I didn't give him anything?!"

"Natalia, it's been two weeks! You shouldn't have been flirting with Sam when you have a boyfriend! One you yourself said you were in love with!"

"But he was so cute." Natalia had a pout to her tone.

"He really was." Mercedes could admit.

"Stop looking at my boyfriend!"

"He's not your boyfriend, Nat!"

"Oh right." The pout was back.

"Stop acting like Lond!"

"Hey!" London spoke up.

Mercedes gasped. "You were on the phone this whole time and you didn't say anything?!"

"I guess that means I have to talk, too huh?" Quinn said.

"Quinn!"

"Well I'm about to see you." Quinn walked into the kitchen.

"You wrong, Sissy." Mercedes frowned cutely.

"I'm sorry, Sissy." Quinn went to her and kissed her cheek then her stomach. "Good morning, my beautiful nephews."

One of the boys kicked. Mercedes frowned down at her stomach. "You stop that. Tia's still in the doghouse."

"I'm sorry, Sissy. Please don't be mad at me." Quinn put on a pitiful look.

Mercedes melted, just as Quinn knew for a fact she would. "Okay. I'm not mad anymore."

Quinn brightened. "Thank you, Sissy! I love you!"

"I love you, too!" Mercedes gave her an Eskimo kiss.

"That's cute and all but we're still on the phone..." London drawled.

"Ugh! Shut up!" Quinn sneered as she went to grab her coffee. "You're just mad that we've all had Sam and Marcy introduced him to Carly!"

"What?!" Natalia shouted.

"That is not true!" London was right behind her. "I don't care about him!"

"Sammy is a great guy, Lond!" Mercedes bit off. "Stop hatin just because you know you want him!"

"If he's so great, he would have noticed me!"

"Marcy wanted him to be with her friend! It was her wedding, it was her choice!"

"When is she coming back anyway? I got a bone to pick with her! She said if I moved here, she would fix me up! I've been here three weeks!"

"You're impossible!" Quinn rolled her eyes. "She was planning her wedding and going through stuff and now she's on her honeymoon! Give her a break!"

"I wanna be married!" London whined.

"You'll get there, Lond." Mercedes sighed. "I promise you'll get what you deserve."